
I'm flying out to Utah with the kids tomorrow morning. I am so excited to see my family and spend some time together. And I'm seriously looking forward to the extended break from real life. I'm going to be in Utah for about 2 weeks and then we're going to Montana for the month of December. Jed has a rotation set up in Billings and we're all going to stay at his parents house. So, we'll be gone for a long time and I have high hopes of getting rejuvinated and rested while being away, so that I'm fresh when I get back. I really need a boost to my energy and spirits, and I think getting to hang out with my sisters in the next few days is just the ticket!
Wondering what the picture is all about? It's Jed's documentary of me stressing out. It was midnight after a very hectic day and I suddenly realized I had a committment that I had to prepare for the next morning. Of course, I wasn't smiling until he started taking a picture of me. :) I swear, the last six months have been so hectic and stressful - I keep thinking, as soon as this is over I'll start going to bed at a normal hour again, or, as soon as I have this completed I'll feel less anxious and be able to spend more time playing with Benjamin or reading my scriptures... But the truth is, this is life and I simply have to learn to be happy & peaceful here and now, and make time for the most important things first. My friend, Melody, gave a great talk on Sunday about enjoying every phase of life. Just like the conference talk (I can't remember which apostle gave it) "Come what may, and love it." She even mentioned how we can go into a new phase of life "kicking and screaming" or with a positive outlook - that was great imagery and seemed to hit home to me. So, this is my last stressout - it's even documented thanks to Jed :) - and I'm turning over a new leaf! Even if I have to stay up late to get stuff done, I'm going to be cheerful and happy. Come What May and Love It! And there's nothing like a nice vacation to help jumpstart a new resolution to be relaxed and peaceful and cheerful. :)


12 comments:
Yay! Can't wait to see you, sis. We'll just relax and play the whole time your here... although everyone fighting over you may be a little stressful. :)
Oh my, Erin, I don't know how you've been doing it. I know your life has been so busy and overwhelming, especially not having Jed around much. I hope the next six weeks are super relaxing for you!
I can't even imagine you stressed out, you always are happy and cheerful. Everybody needs a vacation! I hope you have so much fun with your family. Love you!
"Hang out with your sisters"!!! Hey, I'm the one that can't wait to see you!!. . . . I love you more than they do!! Dad
Erin,
I agree, you always seems so happy and collected. I even said to Troy the other day, "I wish I could get some of whatever Erin has so I can get my life under control!". I feel the same way you just described in this post. And I thought it was just me, that I was doing something wrong. I agreee, Melody made me think as well (I posted some of my thoughts regarding that in my blog as well). I know it sounds weird, but thank you for posting this latest post. It makes me feel a little bit less a failure. (I told you it was weird! LOL). I hope you have a FANTASTIC time with yur family and Jed's family! You deserve a get away! We will miss you both a lot!!
Erin
I hope you enjoy your time with family the biggest thing is to RELAX....and enjoy life...
How funny, I just read that talk today! It was by Elder Wirthlin, and I always love how simple and profound his talks are. Anyways, good luck with your new leaf, I am sure you can do it, and it will make you that much more ready for residency!!!
Oh, I'm glad you get to spend time with your wonderful family! Hang in there! This med-school/residency life isn't easy and it seems like it won't ever get easier. You're right, it's all about a positive attitude, which is so hard when life is so stressful. A nice little vacation sure helps. I love the little light at the end of the tunnel, that's what keeps me alive. Even if it's just a trip to the grocery store alone. You've always been one of the most positive people I've met. That night when you came over to do felt really helped me. Did you know that? It was a time when Lincoln was constantly gone and you were so wonderful to talk to. Miss you!
I'm sure you will have an awesome time with your family. Just relax and enjoy yourself!!
And I LOVE you and, we(your sisters) can't wait to see you!! (Actually your here now! ANd it is so great!) There is nothing like home and being with family that just feels you up with happiness and love!! Oh-and I loved that talk too--it was Elder Wirthlin!
Erin, I feel your pain! I too tend to take on way more than one person should. I hope that you can rest and relax and enjoy some time with your family over the next several weeks!
Erin, you look so calm and pretty. I don't know if I've ever seen you look stressed. I love your thoughts! If I'm correct, that was Joseph B. Worthlin -- he lost an important football game and his momma gave him some great advice! I'm really going to miss his talks!
I'm so glad you got to go home and visit, I hope it was just what you needed.
Post a Comment