Last Sunday Benjamin was sitting next to Jed on the couch and suddenly said, "Dad, I'm going to teach you about the gospel." I grabbed the video camera and recorded while Benjamin told Jed all about Amulek & Alma the Younger. He began when they were tied up in prison, but quickly realized that he needed to give the background details, so he flashbacked to describe how Alma repented. He forgot to mention that Alma repented when he woke up after seeing the angel, so at the end of his prison-crumbling story, he added that on. I can totally read where his little mind is going, and it was so cute to watch him work through how to relate the story to his Daddy. Jed's favorite part is when Benjamin says, "the whole prison BAMMED on their heads." I laughed in the video when Benjamin described the picture of the armor as a "transformer body." :)
This is a video of Benjamin feeding the ducks in our yard. There are lots of ducks in Michigan during this time of year. They are our little friends, and Eliza loves watching them through the window. Jed and I were cracking up how Benjamin was eating their bread every now and then. He stayed out there for a long time feeding them. And it was also so funny how he hucked the pieces of bread at them - at first they were scared of him, but then I guess they got used to it. :) When he came inside he ran up to me saying, "Mom! Mom! I felt good serving the duckies!" Jed said, "Were you feeding the ducks?" and he answered, "Yeah, and I didn't even squish them. They are nice and healthy. Do you see how big their tummy is?"


9 comments:
That kid is one smart cookie! I am seriously VERy impressed:) Way to go mom and dad
I can't believe Ben knows so much of the scripture story. He definitely puts my boys to shame.
And I love on the second video how his response to Jed's first question is "I'm feeding the duckies!" in his serious, deep voice. So cute.
I LOVED watching those videos!! Keep them coming! Ben is just so adorable, Erin. That first clip was really touching to me. He really is passionate about the scripture stories - that is wonderful! He is going to be such an amazing missionary!! You and Jed are such a incredible parents - you really inspire me.
Oh, Erie, Dad and I just watched those videos and LOVED it! Ben is so smart and has such a sweet testimony already forming - you are good parents! Thanks, honey, for sharing this with us. We miss you so much.
His comprehension is amazing for his age! Such a cute video, thanks for posting it.
I wonder if "hucked" is a Utah word. I know we used to say it all the time, but I haven't heard it used in probably 25 years.
Griff and I think Ben is the smartest kid! He was so cute, too. I love how excited he got when he said Alma went on a mission. And I liked "Just Alma." And transformer body was SO funny. Oh, and I'm glad Alma and Amulek didn't get "squished" :) You and Jed are the best parents. It totally motivated me to teach baby Jack the gospel. Griff thinks you should put that on You Tube b/c it was so amazing. The duck video was pretty dang cute, too. I love your little family! Make sure Jed stays on the lookout for CME opportunities for me. I tried to search for them on the web and couldn't find anything, but I'll bet there are tons.
Wow! Out of the mouth of babes! Great videos. Thanks for sharing.
Love, Jacob and Kara (Jed's cousin and wife.)
You have got a smart kid, and I'm so impressed how you guys teach him the gospel. I just hope I can be as good of a mom to my future son as you are. He will be an incredible missionary!
Post a Comment