Happy Halloween Everyone! Oh, wait, did you say it's Thanksgiving in a week? Woops, I guess I'm a bit behind....
ANYWAY, we had a great Halloween three weeks ago. :) The above picture is the only family picture we got, and one of the only pictures I got of Benjamin in the two nights that we dressed up. (And he didn't really like being picked up like that - I guess it wasn't respectable for a police officer to be picked up by his mom...) But luckily my friend Melody snapped these two pictures for me at the ward Trunk-or-Treat party on the 30th. Ben was a policeman, Eliza was Little Red Riding Hood, I was a witch, and Jed was.... a doctor. Or we can pretend that was his costume. He came straight from work. :) This will be the closest he comes to ever dressing up, so we'll take what we can get. :) My awesome witch's hat came from a Halloween package my mom sent us. And the cool black cape came from my mother-in-law who sewed it just to complete my witch's costume. So, thank you so much you two!!! :)

Eliza was an adorable Little Red Riding Hood. She had a cute little red cape with a checkered red&white skirt and white tights. The red shoes and red bow finished it off just right. She was a cutie. Here she is in the car on the way home from the Trunk-or-Treat party. She had a BLAST devouring candy after candy...
Jed and Benjamin drove home in Jed's car, and we both got stopped in front of a train for 20 or so minutes. We sat next to each other, me in one lane and Jed in the other, and we talked to each other through the windows. (Or at least Jed and I talked to each other and the kids, while they opened and ate candy as fast as they could.) It was fun! :)

The night before we had a family activity of decorating sugar cookies. This is the only picture that worked out. But Ben was enjoying himself too... in all the other fuzzy pictures he is holding a half eaten cookie and has crumbs all around his smile. :)
_____________________________________________
Here we are on Halloween Night at our friends house after the trick-or-treating. Ben is not in the pictures because he was in the basement running around with all the other kids. :)


Eliza was so funny while we were trick-or-treating. She couldn't keep up that well, so we held her between houses and let her walk up the driveways herself. She didn't mind being held, but she DID mind if anyone so much as touched her candy basket! When I held her, I kept thinking that candy basket must be too heavy, so I would just support the bottom of it with my hand. Oh no, she would feel the difference and would quickly spot my hand touching her basket. She would tell me in no uncertain terms that it was HER candy and no touching! It was hilarious how protective she was! She wanted to carry it all by herself. :)
Benjamin had a great time walking from house to house. He was ENTHRALLED by some of the moving Halloween decorations. I had to wait for him patiently at many houses because he just couldn't tear himself away. On a few houses, he walked right past the candy to go up close to the decorations. When he did that once, he didn't realize until we were walking on to the next house that he hadn't got any candy at the last one. He was really worried at first that he might miss out on that candy! Such a funny guy!


6 comments:
I loved reading about your experiences with trick or treating and all the fun you had over Halloween. That is another classic "halloween" face on Benjamin, I still have the one up from last year when he had a great expression. I loved how Elize was very protective over her candy, I understand the need to protect yummy treats :). You are a beautiful-sweet witch and Eliza makes a darling little red riding hood. Jed doesn't look like a burnt out dr. so that is good ;).
I'm glad that Benjamin got enough candy after missing a house because he loved the decorations :). We miss you all. Love Grandma Walker
That is such a funny story about Eliza not letting you touch the candy basket. She's got a big brother! She has to protect her stuff! I love Benjamin's costume, very cool!
Hayden was the same way! I thought I'd help by carrying her bag, but no way, she had a death grip on the thing. Abbey, on the other hand, would just ditch her bag on the ground so she could run faster to the next house. Hello girl! It's about the candy!
Oh Erin --this post is so cute! I love the pcitures and your descriptions of the children! What little cuties! I love Halloween--mostly because it is such magical delightful night for the kids! You all look so great--I miss you!! Oh and PS that picture of Eliza down below in the brown and pink skirt outfit--is absolutley adorable!! What a little doll!
I LOVED that post, sis! That story about Eliza and her candy was just too funny. I can just imagine her getting protective of her candy. :) You all look very cute, too. And I loved your good attitude about getting stuck behind the train. I love you, sis! PS. I want a pic of your tummy when it gets visible.
Loved the pics - it looks like you had a great Halloween. Sure miss you!
XOXO Mom
Post a Comment