Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sam's Blessing Day

Jed gave Samuel a baby blessing on Sunday, April 25th. Sam was 6 weeks old. The blessing was sweet and full of blessings that Sam will receive if he is faithful and follows the Lord. It reminded me that he will not always be a tiny baby; he will grow and learn, and I pray that he will be strong and valiant, and follow in the footsteps of his Daddy, who is a wonderful example of a righteous and devoted follower of Christ.

The little baby blessing outfit that he wore was a gift from his Grandma Walker. I just love it. It took me until today (almost three weeks after the blessing) to take these pictures of him in his outfit. Three weeks is a lot when you are only 6 weeks to begin with! Oh well, at least I didn't wait until he had completely outgrown the blessing outfit! Although it's definitely more filled-out than it was when he was blessed. :)

His cute little smile. :)


When we got home from church, Mindy took a few family pictures of us on the couch. Unfortunately I had it on the wrong setting and they were all blurry. This picture of Jed and I with baby Sam was the only one that was salvageable. Luckily Mindy snapped this picture of me and Sam with her own camera.
I'm glad that Mindy could be in town for his blessing. It was nice to have some family there to enjoy the day with us.
(And a perk was that she helped me get to church on time (since Jed goes to church early for bishopric meetings)... or at least more 'on time' than I otherwise would have been...yikes!)







6 comments:

Mindy said...

He looks adorable in his blessing outfit! And I agree, he does look more filled out. It is amazing what three weeks does. I love the picture of him with the beanie on the best. Although his smile is adorable, too. I just love that blessing outfit.

Michel said...

He is SO cute, he looks so angelic in his blessing outfit :). I am so glad you posted them, it is fun to see his his cute arms and legs and he has such a great smile. You look beautiful, I LOVE your headband, that turned out great. Love Grandma Walker

Our Family said...

what a sweet baby! that blessing outfit looks so cute on him. the beanie is adorable! you all look great! did you make that headband? it is so cute! but anything looks cute on you erin! have a great day! katie

Brittany said...

Oh Erin he is such a beautiful baby! I absolutely love the picture of him smiling - what a darling!! His blessing outfit is perfect too. The hat is SO CUTE! :) I wish I could have been there for his blessing day. It's such a special time. Nyah is getting blessed on June 6th. Wish you could be there! Love ya!

Melanie Anne said...

What a darling baby Sma is! I LOVE that blessing outfit--it reminds me of the one Brad wore (and Coleman and Benny:) So cute! He is getting chubby cheeks! So sweet! I love you!

Jan S said...

How did I miss seeing this post before? Samuel look so beautiful in his blessing outfit and you looked beautiful too, Erin. What a handsome family. I am so glad MIndy was there. XOX mom