Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Jed & Ben's outing

Jed took Ben to a miniature golf course last Saturday because Ben had stayed on 'orange' every day that week at Kindergarten. The other day I said, "Wow, Ben! You have been staying on orange every day! You must be getting so good at holding still during Brain Rest!" He said, "No, not really." Then he told me that he wiggles around sometimes but Mrs. McMillan doesn't make him flip a card. (Mrs. McMillan is his real Kindergarten teacher who just started teaching the class; up until now he's had a substitute while Mrs. McMillan recovered from surgery.) Then I found out that Mrs. McMillan reads the kids from a chapter book during Brain Rest every day. WOW! How awesome is that?! I am so thankful that she does that. It makes life a lot easier for little Benjamin to get to 'rest' while listening to his teacher reading them a funny book about the adventures of Junie B. Jones!
Today he came home and recited to me a cute little song they did in class, "I'm being eaten by a boa constrictor!" and also, "5 little frogs were sitting on a log, on the edge of a pool, getting ready for school..." He had the whole thing memorized and did the actions for me and everything. It makes me happy that he is doing fun things in class.
Anyway, back to the point - Jed took Ben on a Father & Sons date on Saturday before he had to head back to work. They had such a great time!  Jed took some video with his ipod. He only recorded two holes out of the 18, and Benjamin happened to get a hole-in-one on one of the holes that Jed video taped!   (I love how Ben calls, "Ding Dong!" as his ball boinks against things on his hole-in-one shot.) They sure had fun! And they came home with an extra Wendy's shake for Eliza and I to share. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was fun to watch, WOW, I loved his hole in one. Great Father and son outing. Love Grandma Walker

Brittany said...

what a fun daddy date!! JEd is such a cute daddy! Ben looked like he was having a blast. His real k teacher sounds much better...I'm glad things are going better with her. :) Tell Ben WOW!!! about his hole-in-one! Good job!!!!

Jan S said...

Dang - I can't get the video to play. It sounds like a pretty fun reward outing for staying ORANGE! :) It's fun hearing how much Ben loves school.

Mindy said...

That did look like a fun daddy date! Ben was super cute when he got that hole in one. Good job on not getting cards flipped. :)