My awesome friends, Melody Aanderud and Jenny Balmforth, and I went to the Toledo Zoo with our kids in February 2013. We had such a great time! We were feeling particularly grateful for every moment we could spend together because we knew that in a few months we would be moving away from each other, once our husbands graduated from their residency programs. What a blessing good friends are!
In the picture above, Drew Balmforth, Ben, and Eirik and Joren Aanderud are riding the elephant.
Below, Teig Aanderud, Leisel and Anna Balmforth, and Eliza are hanging on for dear life. Luckily Jenny is supporting them from behind. :)
We got to hold and brush the guinea pigs.
We stopped to play at the zoo playground for a while.
We were all mesmerized by the enormous male orangutan. Leisel and Eliza = BFF. They painted their faces for each other; aren't they natural artists?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh good for you- catching up. I will check often and see what I have missed! Such cute pics. That Eliza is just a doll!
love the facepainting -ha! so cute. what a fun zoo trip!
Post a Comment