Here we are at the LDS Visitor's Center in Independence. The Saints gathered here when they were driven from Kirtland, Ohio. But because of persecution and mob attacks in Independence, they soon fled to Liberty and then to Far West.
Jed and Benjamin in front of the cut-away replica of the Liberty Jail, where the prophet Joseph Smith and others were imprisoned the winter of 1838-1839.
Jed and Benny in front of Shoal Creek, where Haun's Mill is located. (Notice Benjamin's amazingly disheveled hair. That's what all day in the car will do to you!)
Jed and I are standing in front of one of the glass encased cornerstones to the dedicated temple plot in Far West. The people were never able to build the temple because they were driven from Far West during the winter of 1839. It broke my heart hearing about how they were forced to leave behind their homes and all their possessions, and flee out into the bitter cold and snow, with nowhere to go. The temple plot is very peaceful, though, and beautiful. I was glad that we could visit this site.
Here's our little family in front of the valley of Adam-ondi-Ahman. This is a very large and wide valley. The green expanse was beautiful.


4 comments:
How fun! Great pics :)
Looks fun, sis. I like your shirt. :) I am sad we didn't do all the church sites while you lived there. Oh well... have to keep something to do the rest of our life, right? haha. Hope packing is going well. Love, Mindy
What great pictures and what a fun trip! We can't wait to have you here!
This looks AWESOME! You look beautiful as always. I hope we can do this soon. What a cool blog Erin!!
Post a Comment