Sunday, September 21, 2008

Jed's home! Let's go play!

Jed has been doing an 'out' rotation this month at an E.R. in another city. So he's been staying during the week at a friend's house in that city. And then he comes home for the weekend. Last week when he got home, we headed out to spent some family time at the beach at Lake Erie. It's only about 5 minutes away. As you can see, Benjamin and Jed thew rocks in the water. Like father, like son. Now we all know where Ben gets his infatuation with rocks and water... :)
We had fun being together again, enjoying carefree time away from the distractions of home.
What do you think of Benjamin's new haircut? Yeah, I was giving him a haircut last Monday and I accidentally made it look kind of uneven, so I just buzzed it off. So Benjamin got a spur-of-the-moment buzz, and when Jed got home on Thursday he was pretty surprised to see him! Can you also see the remains of Benjamin's black eye? He got it about a week ago when he fell on the corner of some piece of furniture.
This is the funniest picture of Eliza. She's trying to reach the camera, but the sun was in her face...












8 comments:

Melanie said...

It's always fun when daddy's home! You are a trooper to be surviving all during the week without him. I love Ben's buzz, but you know we are big fans of the buzz at our house!!

Mindy said...

I love that picture of Eliza with the scrunged up face. I miss her! I miss them both. :) Benjamin looks cute with his new haircut. Sounds like you guys had fun with daddy!

Anonymous said...

Benjamin and Jed just need Grandpa Walker there to throw rocks, that's one of his favorite things also :). I love Eliza's scruncy face, she is so cute. She seems so big standing on the rock. Looks like a fun day. Love Grandma

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness, those pictures are so cute!! Ben is darling with the new buzz...but isn't the spring when you usually do that?! :) Gabe has one too...it's his perma-haircut since I'm not capable of much else. I can't believe how chubby and sweet Eliza is!! WHAT A DOLL!!!!! I wish so bad I could hold her and play with her...I can't wait for Thanksgiving! That pic of the scrunched face is hilarious and the ones with you and Jed and her are so adorable! What a fun outing for you guys!

Marnie said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I know how crazy residency can be, we too relish the time that daddy is home. I like Ben's buzz. I actually did the same thing the first and ONLY time I ever cut Kevin's hair. We had to buzz it (in the dead of winter) to cover my mistakes. Needless to say, I no longer cut his hair. He actually cuts his own if you can believe it.

Melanie Anne said...

That looks really fun and windy! What is it with boys and throwing rocks in water?! It is a universal love I am finding. I love Ben's haircut--very handsome and I LOVE ELiza's chubby littl legs! So darling!! She looks like such a big girl standing up on that rock! WOw! I can't wait for you to be here! Love you!

Tiffany said...

this is random, but i'm katie sommer's sister tiffany... i saw the link to your guys' blog on her blog site- i noticed you guys were in michigan. my family lived there for a few years. and then i saw you were in front of the temple- i'm assuming you went to bloomfield hills for that. that's where my family lived and the stake center across the parking lot was our ward building. small world. anyway. you guys have a cute family! tell jed hi.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you holding Eliza and those chubby little legs hanging out - haha! Send me that one email. I want to put it on the fridge where I see it everyday. I miss you honey.
XO MOm