Today Benjamin was helping me cook, with a chair pulled up to the counter. He accidentally fell off the chair and crashed on the floor. I gave a gasp and bent down to pick him up, but he jumped up quicker than I could reach for him and said enthusiastically, "I'm not hurt! I'm not hurt!" He said it in a really amazed voice while he showed me his unhurt arms and shook his head; it was so cute. I said, "Oh, I'm so glad!" and gave him a hug and some kisses. Then he told me -again, in an amazed voice, "Jesus saved me from being hurt!" It was the cutest thing I've ever heard.
Eliza had her 10 month appointment today and got a few shots. She was only in the 50th percentile for weight, which surprised me because she is so chubby - her thighs are seriously adorable! The nurse told me that she looks just like Benjamin. And then this afternoon my good friend, Christina, told me the same thing. It makes me so happy that they look alike! For some reason I just love that!The Pledge of Allegiance - Benjamin learned this a long time ago, at the beginning of October or so, but it took me until now to finally video tape it. It's pretty cute! He is really good at memorizing, and retaining words from books, lyrics from songs, etc. In the video the second time he recites it he repeats "One nation under God" twice, and it sounds like an accident, but he actually did it on purpose as he makes very clear afterward! When I went back and watched it again I could see that little smile come on his face as he repeated that section, as if he was enjoying a little personal joke. He's got a funny sense of humor. :)
(My voice is loud compared to his voice in the video, so you might have to turn it up to hear him.)


8 comments:
That was so cute - Jackson and Walker wanted to watch it over and over. Ben is such a smart little boy!! And it was funny how he knew he was saying "one nation under God" twice!
What a cute "picture" I had of him saying "I'm not hurt, I'm not hurt" that was so sweet. I loved his pledge with repeats on "one nation under God." It's amazing how he thought that out and planned it that way. Thanks for sharing, I love each of your posts. Love Grandma
ERIN! Holy Cow Girl! I found your blog through Mindy's from my sisters and I am so excited to see you and your cute family on here! I miss you girl! I feel so bad that we lost touch because seriously, you were one of my favorite people ever in High School! (Oh and now still) LOL - anyways, glad to see you are well.
I love your pictures of your kids on here and reading a bit about your life. Trevor and I have been married for 5 years are living in St. George now and LOVE it. We have a daughter named Emma that is 22 months old and is the joy of our lives.
I would love to be "Blog Friends" with you and stay in touch. Our Blog is Private, but if you want an invite, let me know I will totally send you one.
E-mail me at igolfgirl@gmail.com
If, not, can I still read your blog? :) Long Comment, sure think about senior trip to Mexico and how fun that was!
Hope to hear from you!
Heather (Gustaveson) Jenson
I loved the pledge of allegience... seriously impressive. I am counting down the days until you get here! I miss you guys!
How adorable - I just LOVE him! I want to just give him a big kiss!! What a darling little boy - and so smart. I can't wait to see you guys in a few short weeks!!
WHat a brilliant child my little nephew is!! Seriously I love how verbal and smart he is! And so darn cute! See you soon Benny!! We love you so much
Ben is SO smart and SO cute! I can't wait to see you all next week! XO MOM
Wow! I'm very impressed with my little nephew! Those are some big words in that pledge of allegience! What a funny, smart little guy! We're SO excited for you to come visit!
Post a Comment