Saturday, December 13, 2008

Family 'Twilight' Night

On Friday night, November 21 - opening night of the movie Twilight, the family got together for a Cafe Rio dinner at Melanie's house before heading to the movie theater for a later showing. Here's my mom reading to some of her grandkids. Have I already mentioned that Eliza is their only granddaughter, from among ten grandchildren? Isn't that just crazy? She certainly liked all the doting attention her boy cousins and aunts, uncles, and grandparents gave her. :)





My oldest sister, Melanie, and her oldest son, Connor. And to the right, my sis Brittany and I.

One of the nights that I stayed at Brittany's house she was hosting a Demarle bakeware party for her friends. My sister, Melanie, did a great presentation, and it was fun to see her in her role as the bakeware queen! :) My sisters are so FUN. They are delightful to be with!


Benjamin, Gabe and Eliza in the tub. Benny looks like such a skinny dude compared to the two babies! And to the right is little Eliza - she mastered the skill of pulling herself up on furniture while we were visiting in Utah.


We finally got all the kiddos in bed, picked up our babysitters, and then we were off to the much anticipated movie..... TWILIGHT!
This was a super fun outing. Our party consisted of my parents, Melanie & Brad, Matt & Amy, Brittany & Eric, Brittany's mother-in-law and two sisters-in-law, Mindy & Griff, and me. The movie was awesome! As soon as I left I wanted to walk into another theater and watch it all over again. I can't wait to go see it again in December when I'm with Jed's family.... :) I'm sure part of the fun was the fact that I was surrounded by my family in the theater. It was a packed theater with assigned seating, and there were so many people milling around in the foyer. There was an aura of excitement and anticipation - opening night of Twlight! - and it was pretty contagious! It was such a fun night.

5 comments:

Jarred and Angelina said...

It looks like you had too much fun with your family. It's a bummer that Mindy didn't have her baby. I do still live in the same house. Do you guys still live in Brownstown? I know you won't be home but I will send your card there. Have fun and a Merry Christmas!

Brittany said...

YAY! That was SOOOO fun!! All of it - I loved every single minute you were here - it was a blast! I miss you guys!

Mindy said...

That was so fun to have you here! I love that first picture of Eliza on Mom's lap. Such a pretty baby.

Pattie said...

Wow the first granddaughter oh how special..you look like you had a blast with your family...your kiddos are so cute.

Jan S said...

Well, with 8 grandsons (Whoa . . . now we have 9!!!!!!!!), it was pretty fun getting to hold a little pink baby! :) I'm so glad you came to stay. We all loved being with you and the kids. XOXO