Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's March, and it feels like spring!


Happy St. Patricks Day everyone! We had a fun party with some friends at our home. All the kids were decked out in green, and we ate lots of green food! I have to admit the bright green muffins (and the green pancakes we had for breakfast as well) looked, perhaps, a little unappetizing, but I can't pass up the green food coloring on St. Patty's day! ;) It was beautful weather outside, so the kids all got to run around the yard. It was a fun day. 

















It's been such great weather lately. We played outside the other night when Jed came home early. Notice Eliza's scrunched up nose in this picture - she is making that face all the time lately and it's so funny! 














Eliza loved the riding toy, and Jed (being the entertaining Daddy he is) tied her to it and then pulled her around with a rope. Hilarious!





































The other day I took Benjamin and Eliza to the pet store to look at the animals. Ben had gone there for preschool the other day and had really enjoyed it, so I wanted to go there with the kids too. 
Here's Eliza checking out the guinea pigs. She loved standing up by the glass and looking in at the animals all by herself. 




As you can see, she was NOT happy to have to go back in her stroller when it was time to go. 























Benjamin is such a sweetie. The other morning I wanted to get in the shower before Eliza woke up, so Benjamin got all situated in my bed with some toys and books to wait for me. He was so cute, reading his scripture stories while I got ready for the day. :)















Of course Eliza has an appreciation for cool car toys because she's got a big brother. She plays with trains, cars, dinosaurs, and blocks more than any other girl, I'm sure. :)

9 comments:

Melanie said...

You guys are so cute, all dressed in green. I love Eliza's new "face" and I laughed out loud at Benjamin's computer addiction. Too funny.

Brittany said...

Those pics were so cute!! YOur kids are just adorable! I love the good weather now too - Gabe is LOVING being outside. I can't wait for summer to get here.

Mindy said...

I love all those pictures. While I was looking at them, I was struck by how big Eliza is! It looks like she has grown up a ton since Christmas. That little scrunched up face is so cute, too. So cute, sis

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you all in green, the cute Ben and Elize pictures and sharing in your world. I would much rather be there to play with you all but it is SO great to see and read about the fun you all have. The kids are SO cute. Love Grandma Walker

rebecca said...

Looks like you have been having fun with your family:) They are getting so big and cuter every time I check your blog:) I love your hair,btw:)

Jan S said...

OH, I really miss the kids, especially after seeing those cute pictures. Eliza is growing up so fast. I can hardly wait to see her and Ben. Hmmmmmm . . . when can we get out to see you guys? XOXO mom

Unknown said...

Hi Erin! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I got your number from Mindy to give you a call, but I have been so busy trying to keep up with work, the kids, and Ben being gone with the upcoming move, I just haven't had the time. Anyway, we're looking forward to getting out there next week and getting settled. I am SOO excited that we have kids the exact same ages! Dax turned three last October, and Jacy turned one in December, so I think our kids should be instant friends. :) Thanks for the offers to help! I just don't have any idea what it's going to be like when we get out there, and I'm brining my mother-in-law with me for at least a few days, so we'll be in touch. I guess we'll be seeing you soon!

Anonymous said...

Man they are both getting so big! I haven't commented for a while I want to tell you that I LOVE your hair, it looks so great. It looks like you guys are enjoying the weather and having fun! We love you all!

camille said...

Hey, I haven't checked your blog for awhile so I wanted to tell you I LOVE your haircut! You are always darling and I wish you could pass along some of your creativity and talents to me! :)

We should get together this summer! Have you guys been to Chicago? We sure could plan a fun trip if you came!!!