Saturday, August 8, 2009

Benjamin is FOUR years old now!

Happy Birthday to a big FOUR YEAR OLD!
Benjamin turned 4 on July 5. We celebrated his birthday on Saturday the 4th. It was a fun day for a party - everything was patriotic (even the music) and it was all decked out in red, white, and blue - including the balloons, streamers, confetti, all the cute little girls' clothes, and even a big plastic flag displayed across the wall! :)
It was a water party and the kids played in the blowup pools, with water balloons, and in a big blowup trampoline.
The only pic I got from the party was of the kids around the cake (thanks Ashley!). When you've got a dozen or more children running around, and you're clearing up their lunch of PBJs, watermelon, strawberries, and punch, while also bringing out the cake and icecream, you don't have much time for taking snapshots!
The next day, on Sunday his actual birthday, we took some pictures together...


7 comments:

Michel said...

It looks like such a fun party and such a cute cake. I love seeing pictures of the family, the fun things you all do and it makes us not feel like we are missing so much (even though we are :). Love Grandma Walker

Brittany said...

I cannot believe Ben is 4!! What a big boy! That party looked so fun - you are such a fun mom, as always! Ben looks handsome with his summer buzz too!!!

Mindy said...

I can't believe Ben is four, either! Wow! Time flies by, doesn't it? The pictures you did capture are cute, sis. And it sounds like the party was a blast! I'm excited for when Jack is old enough to enjoy birthday parties. :)

Dixon's said...

Happy Birthday Benjamin!! Brinley and Garret qanted to say HI!!!

Ashley said...

Sorry Abbey is all up in Ben's cake moment :) She loves birthday parties, I'm surprised she wasn't sitting on his lap while he opened presents.

Sook said...

Hi Erin! I've been visiting your family blog and I love all the pictures and writings. I also love your cooking blog. I've been trying some of your bread/roll recipes. They're fantastic. I also have a cooking blog, too. It helps me want to cook more at home. So it's saved us a lot of money. :-) http://myfabulousrecipes.blogspot.com if you're interested. Anyway, thanks for your note. Your family looks so happy. Your kids are gorgeous!

Melanie Anne said...

Happy happy birthday--(very late--sorry) our sweet Benny. We love you soo much!!