Wednesday, August 5, 2009

last post about Utah - Tracy Aviary


Well, this is my last post about our trip to Utah. Yeah, it's taken me way too long to document it all.
Anyway, one of the last things we did was go to Tracy Aviary in Sugarhouse. It was actually a really fun little excursion. I lived right next to Liberty Park for over a year and never went there. I really wanted to go see what it was like while we were visiting.
On the picture to the right we were watching a bird show.
(Jack, Mindy, Ben, Eliza, me, Wesley)










Mindy, Eliza, Wesley, Brittany and Gabe checking out the pink flamingos.













At the beginning of our walk in the aviary, little Wesley spotted a peacock and started running to it. Amy ran after him and then when she saw the peacock he was running for, she said aloud, "Is that REAL?!" It was so funny! Here is Benjamin leading his little cousins after the peacock, who quickly retreated when he saw the oncoming attack. :)







Later in the day, the peacocks all congregated near us and spread out their feathers. It was so cool! There were about 5 peacocks in all their glory, strutting their stuff right next to us. :)
















Eliza and I posing in front of a very ugly vulture.















After we went to the Tracy Aviary, we met a bunch of our Sterzer cousins at the play structure at Libery Park. It was so fun to get together with them and see all their kids! All the adults are pictured, but only with a fraction of the children. The rest were running wild. :)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I agree, Tracy Aviary was awesome! I guess that they won't be doing bird shows for the next two years while they renovate the Aviary. Bummer, but I am really excited to see the new one! It was fun to go to the park with all the cousins, too. I miss you, Erin. Wish you could come in town more often!

Brittany said...

That was such a fun day! Can't wait to do more fun stuff together when we're all visiting at the same time!!