Monday, September 28, 2009

September in a nutshell

September has been a fun month! Let's see...

- Watching BYU football games every weekend has been a major highlight of our month. Jed and I are huge fans and look forward to BYU football all year. We get together with other friends here in Michigan and watch it in groups. We usually are able to put Eliza to bed in a pack-n-play, and Benjamin just gets to stay up WAAAAY late on Saturday nights. :)

- Jed has been able to play city league softball on Wednesday nights this month with guys from the ward. That has been a fun thing for him to look forward to and for me and the kids to go and watch. He's always really busy with his residency, so this is a great activity for him.

- Jed and I went raspberry picking this month as a date. It was so fun! We picked four quarts of raspberries and it took us a mere 35-40 minutes. It was really fun! (Last month we took the family blueberry picking and that was a blast too. I love the U-Pick farms in Michigan.)

- I enjoyed a marathon morning of Mom2Mom-sales one Saturday. We had three Mom2Mom sales in the area, all on the same morning. I had a blast shopping for the kids.
(That's an understatement, by the way. But if I were to admit that shopping at these sales is so THRILLING and EXCITING that I think about the Mom2Mom season all summer long, dream about it and plan for it, and when I come home I make my husband look at, admire and discuss
every purchase with me, and then I describe in detail to my mother and sisters all about what I bought and how much I paid...... you would
probably think I was utterly NUTS. So I'll just leave it as "it was a blast.")
As an FYI, Mom2Mom sales are like garage sales but JUST of kids stuff, all under the same roof. And the clothes and toys are in pristine condition for really inexpensive prices. They only have sales in the spring and the fall.
(For example, in the picture I bought all those clothes (many of them are from The Children's Place and the Gap) for a total of $15 at one of the sales. I took this pic for my mom. See - I'm crazy about it!)


- We went on a boat ride on the Detroit River as a family. That was fun. I'll post some pictures soon.

- Jed finished Benjamin's sandbox. He filled it with sand, he and Ben resurrected all our sand toys, and then they played in it for a long time together. Benjamin and especially Eliza LOVE THIS SANDBOX.
Benjamin and Eliza are getting a ride in the wagon! Jed has taken them for a few long rides around the neighborhood in their wagon. What a good daddy!



















8 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey little missy! I need in on those mom2mom sales!!! Let me know when the next one is around you (how do you find out about them?!?)

Michel said...

It was fun to see the amazing "finds" from you mom2mom sale. You have a nack for finding really cute/nice things. The wagon ride looks like fun and the sand box is a sure hit. It's fun to see and hear how things are going. Love Grandma walker

Jan S said...

You are the queen of bargain shopping. 'Wish I could come along - we'd have so much fun! THe pics of Jed and the kids were really cute. He is GREAT daddy.
Miss you all,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Those mom 2 mom sales sound AMAZING! I don't think they have those in Utah but that would be awesome! I love Eliza's thrilled expression in the wagon!

Brittany said...

What a fun month!! I wish I could come to the sales with you too...boy that was would awesome! I am just like you about being crazy for good deals! Those u-pick farms look so fun. we have those here too - WA grows great berries! next year I want to go picking for sure!

The Lambert Family said...

Hey Erin! This is Kim Anderson! I really like your blog! Your kids are so cute! I am jealous of the mom2mom sale thing. I wonder if they have something like that here? I would totally go! Our blog is private, e-mail me at klambert05@hotmail.com and I will add you to the list!

Debbie said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :D

I wish they had mom2mom sales in the UK - with 4 boys and a baby on the way i could sure do with bagging some bargains!! lol

Love the sandpit, your kids are so cute and that hubby of yours is a star! :)

Hugs
Debbie
x

Marnie said...

The Mom2Mom Sales sound awesome! I can see why you get so excited. Who doesn't love a good deal right? Is it a store or something that you organize with friends?