Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August happenings.

Benjamin and his friends, Preston and Abram, had a lot of fun playing in a few cardboard boxes one day. Aren't they cute?





We had a summer block party for our subdivision. It was very fun! The firetruck came and let the kids hold the water hose.










Benjamin saw Jed go up into our attic the other day (Jed stores some stuff up there) and asked to go up there too. Jed lifted him up and showed him around for a minute. Ever since then, Ben has been wanting to go back up in our attic. So one night Jed told Benjamin that if he stayed in bed and earned all his pennies (an incentive we implemented a month or so ago) then he would get to "buy" a trip up into the attic with Daddy to read a book.
Well, Ben earned his pennies and got to buy the coupon to read a book with Daddy up in the attic. He was so excited! So they read a book of his choice up there. It was quite the exciting adventure. :)

Jed and I celebrated our 6th anniversary at the end of August. To celebrate, we planned a trip for the following week up to Mackinac Island, just the two of us. (Pictures will be coming.) In the meantime, we celebrated by having a date up in Benjamin's fort after the kids were asleep. :) We brought pillows, blankets, and treats up in the fort and then set up a movie on Jed's laptop. It was actually VERY fun!

4 comments:

Michel said...

What a neat incentive to read a book in the attic with dad. I LOVE the whole idea and Ben looks so happy and will probably remember it always. You guys are so creative, setting up a date in the fort for your anniversary, now how can you beat that :)? Love Grandma Walker

Mindy said...

I love that attic story and picture! And the picture in the box with all those little boys is so cute. I remember having a lot of fun with boxes when I was a kid, too. In fact, I always used to get Griff to save our appliance boxes to make forts with Melanie's boys. How sad that they are gone! I liked the idea of your date night in the fort, too. You guys are so fun!

Melanie Anne said...

My kids love boxes too! That is so funny. I can't believe Jed and Ben can stand to read a bookin the attic--your must not be as stifling hot as ours! We could barely stand a few minutes up there! Ben looks so excited to be there with his Daddy! What a cutie. And I love your date in the fort--so fun!!

Brittany said...

OH my gosh, where is this fort? Is it outside? that sounds so fun!! You guys are such a fun cute couple. I love how you create unique, fun things to do. Like the book reading in the attic! What a cute idea! Ben looked adorable up there with Jed! You guys give us a lot of ideas for being creative parents! Can't wait to hear more about your trip with Jed- and see pics!!