
Jed, Benjamin and I got to go on a canoe trip down the Huron River! A man in our area lives on the Huron River and let us borrow his canoe. We strapped it on to the top of Jed's Honda and drove it up river only about 5 minutes. Then we floated down the river and fished as we paddled. Surprisingly, it took us 2 hours to get back to his backyard. The river goes back and forth in multiple tight S curves.


Jed had bought Benjamin a brand new fishing pole the month before and was excited to use it with him. It just happened to be a really nice day on the 20th of October, amid many chilly days. The trees along the river were so pretty with all the autumn colors. It was perfect timing. Jed was able to get an afternoon off, and we had a very fun outing together!
7 comments:
That sounds like such a fun family outing. Benjamin looks so happy to be "fishing." The foliage is so beautiful. I love fall colors and we didn't get any in Billings because it froze the leaves so they turned brown, ugly, and fell off so I am glad you shared the beauty.
Love,
MOM
Wow! What a great memory, it looks beautiful.
Oh wow that looked wonderful. what a lovely way to spend an afternoon... leisurely paddling along a river fishing amidst all the beauty of autumn leaves. I'm so glad you guys got to do such a fun thing. you both work so hard!
This looks so fun. I can't wait to do it next year!
PS. Your sister in the picture above this comment looks so much like my sister Amy that I really thought it was her for a minute!
ha ha. . . start now and get him hooked on 'fishing'! It'll translate into fun times for the future!! .......for me too!
Grandpa
What a delightful day! That sounds so fun!
did
you get something?
shane
Post a Comment