Friday, November 6, 2009

A visit from Grandma and Grandpa

Ryan and Michel came to visit us for a few days in mid October. It was SO FUN to spend time together! They were our first visitors in over a year, and we were pretty excited to have them.
We carved pumpkins together on Saturday afternoon. I promise we were enjoying ourselves - I think I just forgot the prompt SAY CHEESE! when I took the above picture! =) It was funny how it turned out to be just me and Jed carving pumpkins, with Benjamin nowhere to be found. :) Benjamin really wanted the artsy kind of jack-o-lanterns from the carving booklet, so he chose the spider for him and Daddy to carve and wanted me to carve the witch stirring her bubbly cauldron.
They took longer than just a spooky face, and he was long gone, playing elsewhere, before we had really even made headway on our jack-o-lanterns. It was pretty funny. Michel and Ryan stuck it out with us, though. :) Actually, I really like carving pumpkins, and it was fun! :)


Michel spoiled us and bought some fun toys for the kids. This pink baby doll stroller for Eliza was definitely a hit. She loves it. We found her like this one afternoon - her baby is laying on the blanket next to the stroller, and she is reading a book to her. She was so cute all settled in her doll stroller with a book.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Eliza is getting so beautiful and grown up looking! Well, for a baby! She is def still a baby but her hair is growing out and seeing her playing with her own baby and reading books....WOW she seems like she is growing up way too fast! Is she really going to be 2 in a few months?!!! CRAZY!!!!!! :) I guess it's good since you are having another baby though! :)

I love pumpkin carving too -I really look forward to it. Gabe wasn't too into it either. It's probably cause they don't get to actually wield the knife that it isn't as thrilling! :)

Michel said...

We loved every minute with your sweet family. Benjamin is such a fun personality and Eliza is so sweet with her little dolls. We count down the days for more time we can spend with all of you. Love Grandma Walker

Melanie Anne said...

What sweet pictures! I love carving pumpkins too! And my goodness the kids are looking so grown up! Especially Eliza stuffed in her dolly stroller! She is adorable!

Mindy said...

I love those pictures of Eliza. Especially the one where she is looking at the camera. I was shocked by how big she looks. i can't wait to see her. I wish you were coming home for Thanksgiving again. :) I miss you guys. And PS, I want to see the finished product for those amazing pumpkins!

Jan S said...

These pictures were so fun, Erin. Thanks for taking the time to post them - it helps us feeel like we aren't so far away. I loved seeing Eliza with her stroller. I remember YOU doing the same thing. It must be in the genes!
Love, Mom