Wednesday, January 20, 2010

....and I'm a little bad sometimes....

Yesterday I was explaining to Benjamin what it means to be named after someone. It started because Benjamin always thinks that Eliza's middle name is Carabell instead of Carol. (so funny!) I told him that her middle name is Carol, and she is named after Grandma Sterzer, whose middle name is also Carol. I explained to him that we gave her the same name as Grandma Sterzer so that she could always remember what a wonderful person Grandma Sterzer is and try to be like her. Then I told him that his middle name is named after Daddy, because that is Daddy's middle name. He can be just like Daddy because they share a name. And that his first name is named after King Benjamin in the Book of Mormon, and that will help him remember to be just like King Benjamin, who was a wonderful, righteous prophet.

Anyway, he thought about that for awhile. Then after a few minutes, he said:

"But Mom, I'm not like King Benjamin. Because I didn't stand on a tower. I'm not dressed like him .......And I'm a little bad sometimes. ...And I didn't live in the scriptures."

Eliza happened to giggle about something right then and Benjamin turned to her and said, "It's not funny."

10 comments:

Brittany said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! I would have been rolling on the ground laughing if I were there! :) Poor Benny - he is so dang cute!!

Michel said...

That is SO cute. His little mind is always working, that is a lot to come up with:). That is so funny how Eliza accidentally laughed right then and Ben didn't think it was one bit funny :). I love hearing the sweet things the kids say and do. Love Grandma Walker

Aim said...

he said all that!? wow, i'm impressed! he knows so much for so young. jacob hears the stories but doesn't quite remember them like that. they usually get spiced up a bit in his imagination. like king benjamin might be riding a dragon for instance when he recounts it to me. hahahaha.

but that is really cute. i especially like the "it's not funny!" part! haha

Ashley said...

He's so cute! Abbey's middle name (Marie) is after her Grandma Furniss's middle name as well. Whose first name happens to be Carol :) I thought that was interesting. But now writing it out, it's not really that interesting :)

Melanie Anne said...

Oh my that is hilarious!! Benjamin cracks me up! Thanks for sharing! Give that boy a hug ank kiss from Aunt Melanie! Love you!

Mindy said...

I have to disagree with Benjamin. It is too funny! :) But I love how that little brain works. So literal. I'm glad you write these funny things down, sis. He is going to love them all when he gets bigger. :)

Unknown said...

Hilarious! i love it when children are honest, they are always the most funny!

Sook said...

That is about the cutest thing ever!

Jan S said...

I love hearing the things Benjamin says - his little mind is always working! I'm so glad you record these funny little things. You will be so happy to be able to read them ten or twenty years from now.
I love you,
Mom

sea gull lighting fixtures said...

That is so funny!