After visiting my family in Utah, we went up to Idaho to attend the Walker Family Reunion with Jed's parents and siblings. We all congregated at their cabin in Island Park, which is on Henry's Lake. It was a fun place to spend a week with family. And here is the clan!


Emily made all the grandkids these darling Family Reunion t-shirts. There are now 13 grandchildren in the family. Each t-shirt is personalized with their 'birth order' number on the sleeve: Ben is #5, Eliza is #8, and Sam is #12. (PS. Gotta love that look on Ben's face. He must have been pretending there was an imaginary 'bad guy' right there, and he was threatening to knock him out with that raised fist of his.)
Here are some highlights!
Family Olympics!
Contest #1 - Build the tallest tower of twinkies (or whatever those are) on your Daddy's forehead! Ben is concentrating hard, and Jed is trying to give him a level ground to work on!

This contest was to find bubble gum at the bottom of a bowl filled with whipped cream, without using your hands. :) Lookin' good, Ben!

Race with the marshmallows! Little cherry girl is getting help from Daddy.
4 Wheelers!
More Fun & Games!
The adults started racing each other in piggy back rides. Apparently they even talked Ryan & Michel into competing, but I missed it! That was one tiring race... I was
exhausted at the end of it. Took every ounce of my stamina and strength. :)

The adults also had jousting wars. I totally gave Jed a walloping! ;)
Actually, I could hardly get any momentum behind my joust, much less stay on the wood plank. I wasn't much competition, I'm afraid!

Benjamin showing his skills on the rope bridge.

Jackson and Ben are displaying a feat of agility and courage never before attempted!
This clever trick is called "The Pass!"
Hanging Out!
Baby Sam got lots of cuddles from loving aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents.
Here he is with Aunt Cerissa.

Sammy and Benjamin are enjoying Grandpa!

Samuel and Eliza, giggling at Daddy's funny antics.
Argh! Pirates are a-comin'!
Bart and Emily put on a GREAT pirate treasure hunt for the kids! Complete with their own pirate show introduction, costumes for everyone, treasure clues written in rhymes, and a treasure chest chalk-full of fantastic treasure, edible and otherwise! It was exciting for everyone!

These pirates were a-rearing to go find their treasure!

Benjamin taking his turn reading the next clue to the treasure!

Eliza decked out in all her pirate glory, complete with pirate stickers plastered all over her, beads from the treasure chest, and an eyepatch that she would not take off for a long time afterward!
Here I'm holding the cutest pirate of them all! The Lake!
Hanging out at the lake was a ton of fun! We made our way around in a partially functioning paddle boat. It got really exciting when we were out at sea with it loaded down with people and it started sinking deeper and deeper into the water...
We were all screaming to everyone on land, "HEEELP! We're SINKING!!!! We're gonna DIE!!!"

(Okay, fine. So I was the only one screaming.)

Ben & Jed fat doggin' it on the tube.

Ryan double doggin' it.

Jed and his Dad. Always the gutsy ones.
As usual, Benjamin is intently watching and learning...
(click on link to see Ben witnessing these two lunatics jumping off the roof a few years ago...)
Ryan rented a jet ski for two days and we had a blast with it!

Pulling the kids in the tube...

Trying to kill each other by going break-neck speed and taking screeching turns...
Brian was the champion stunt driver. Jed wasn't bucked off, by the way. Made me proud.

Here we are taking a ride in Bart's fishing boat.
For some fishing-boat-reason, there were holes in the bottom, so there was always some water sloshing around at our feet. Had to perch yourself perilously on a little square blow-up seat in order to stay clear of the damp. Not prime for a relaxing, carefree & lazy ride, but definitely fun nonetheless. :)

Found an interesting necklace floating in the lake water.

When I blurted out "a snake!" everyone turned to see. But the real shocker apparently was when I reached out and grabbed it so we could all get a closer look. I guess my sisters-in-law didn't know that I love snakes! Come on, guys! Don't you know that I love
snakes,
toads, lizards and
turtles and anything like unto them?! :) Doesn't anyone remember
Snakey?! :)
(Each link takes you to pictures of when we discovered these awesome creatures.)
Jed and Ryan made a zipline by attaching a rope to a pinetree on the shore and pulling the other end of it with the jet ski. Crazy guys! But they definitely had an entranced audience!

Thanks for the fantastic reunion, everyone!
5 comments:
What a fabulous family reunion!! The Walkers are so fun! I LOVE all the picturea and especially the darling family picture at he end! I love you and your darling family! XOXOXO
OK, after seeing those pictures, I realize we are definitely boring compared to the Walker family! I am so glad that you married into such a fun and loving family. It looks like you guys had a blast!
OH MY GOSH! What a fun reunion! Seriously, I wish I could have been a Walker for the weekend. :) Everything looked like so much fun. I almost started taking notes for future parties. I'll bet Ben loved finally getting to have some cousins around that were his age, too. I'm glad you guys were able to go, sis. And PS I am loving Jed's new necklace. (Griff would die!) And I'm proud of you for grabbing the snake. :) We are definitely sisters, eh?
Wow, this looked like an amazing reunion! I have never seen anything like this :) You both have such awesome families! I love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing!
First of all that is a beautiful family picture! The big one of extended family is great too. JEd's family sure goes all out for their reunions! It looked like so much fun. the snake necklace was pretty cool. How did you know it wasn't poisonous? I like snakes and I'm definitely not afraid of them but it's usually after someone else has picked them up and proved they won't kill me! :) The kids are all SO cute. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment