We had a massive snowfall on Tuesday, February 1st, and so the next day was a SNOW DAY!! Both Ben and Jed got to stay home! The kids started their bonus 'Saturday' snuggled up in my electric blanket watching cartoons, thanks to their cool Daddy. (I can't take any credit for being spontaneous and fun... I wouldn't have even thought of it.) :)
Then we all trekked outside to shovel walks and enjoy the SNOW! Our neighbor let Jed use his snowblower when he was done with his own driveway, and that saved a lot of time and effort! Check out the steep edges of snow on the sidewalks. It was a lot of snow!
There were big drifts along the fences and sides of the house...
Jed and Ben turned this big pile of snow that I'm standing on ...
Into a tunnel! :) It made a 90 degree turn, and it was a little tricky to get myself through it!
There are my feet sticking out the back. You can tell it was a long tunnel! I barely could squeeze through it. After I went through it, Jed said he was going to try it and I told him there was NO way he could fit through it. But he still said he would go through. So, he went down to go into the entryway, and he couldn't even get his shoulders in. :)
Here is Ben showing off the awesome tunnel that his Daddy made for him.
Fun fun fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Looks like you had a lot of fun with that cute family of yours:) But no, after two winters of no snow, I still don't miss it:)
What fun! I like the tunnel you built! You guys sure have a ton of snow! Ours is melted now in Des Moines and it's fun to go out in rain boots and splash in the puddles!
Love the tunnel. So glad you guys got a snow day together. Sam is getting so big!
Look at that snow! WOW, it's almost up to Jed's waist where it's been stacked up from the driveway! I bet Ben absolutely loved making that snow tunnel. Jed is such a fun dad.
I love the post of Sammy with the dirt! Nothing is safe anymore these days, is it? And he looks positively pleased with himself in each and every picture. Love it! What a little cutie pie!
That looks awesome! Jack would have LOVED playing in that tunnel with Ben. What a fun daddy. We just got some snow today, and we are hoping it sticks around for tomorrow. We want to go sledding! We'll post pictures if it works out.
WOW!! That reminds me of winters from when I was a kid. We loved to make tunnels through the snow piles. I love your posts, your kids are so adorable!
how fun!!! I miss having fun in the snow. Poor Gabe is thrilled when snow starts to fall (only has happened a couple times) but the most he gets to play in is a few measly inches. :( NOt much fun to play in! boy would I love to make a tunnel with him - that looks SO COOL!!! I bet Ben was Loving that!! JEd is such a fun daddy!! All the kids looked so adorable cuddled up under your blankey. What a fun family snow day!!
Always good to see Ben wearing the Y beanie! Go Cougs!
Wooo hooo Snow days!! My boys love days llike this even if we have a fraction of the snow you got!! What an sweet little family you have! Thanks for posting all these pictures. Cannon and I are enjoying looking at them tonight!
xoxoxox
Wow! Look at all that snow! How fun - you two are such fun parents making great memories.
Post a Comment