Last week Ben, Eliza, and I finished reading The Secret of Nimh together. We had a lot of fun reading it! It took us 8 days to finish the book (it's 249 pages), and we read it almost every day. It was so much fun to snuggle under my electric blanket (that Jed gave me for Christmas - I love it!) and read it together when Ben got home from school. I looked forward to it! Ben followed along with me as I read and comprehended everything that was going on. Eliza, surprisingly, sat there with us listening, even when we read for almost an hour. She would sometimes go get a toy or something to look at, but she would still be listening while she fiddled with it on the couch next to me. I was pretty surprised at her attention span!
Jed took this picture when he got home from work one day and found us lounging on the couch after just reading part of our book together. :)
The actual book was very interesting and I completely enjoyed it. I didn't realize that it had a somewhat different storyline than the movie, and I liked the book much better. (It had been ages since I had read it when I was young.) After we finished our book, the kids watched the movie The Secret of Nimh, which my parents gave to Ben for Christmas. Getting to watch the movie when we finished the book was very exciting to Eliza (well, both of them, but especially to her), and it probably motivated her to stick with it to the end! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
wwhat a great idea! I didn't even know it was a book! THat is so cute that both kids enjoyed that - what great mommy time!
Cool--we do like the movie--i should read the book to my boys. Lately I feel like we have no down time! After the boys get home from school we scrambling to get homework done and off to scouts or a wrestling match or basketball. Treasure this time Erin:) You are such a great Momma!! I guess I will have to add that to our summer reading list! Love you!
Love this picture of you snuggled with your kids all around you! Perfect picture:)
That sounds SO fun. Seriously! I can't wait to read chapter books to my kids. It reminds me of how mom and dad always did that for us. I love imagining you all snuggled up reading together. I can totally see Ben's look of concentration as he follows along with you, and sweet little Eliza sitting quietly next to you playing with her toy. So fun! What a fun present from Grandma and Grandpa, too. I loved that movie (and the book) as a kid. Glad you guys enjoyed it together so much too!
Post a Comment