Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sam + Dirt = True Love

The other day I discovered Sammy in our living room, happily munching on the dirt from my potted plant! He had made quite a mess of it, too!  The next day I caught him at it again.  Oh no!  And he was way too pleased with himself!

Well, once he found how fun it was to play in the dirt, he kept gravitating to the pot. Then he quickly discovered the other pot on the floor in the living room, and it was all I could do to keep him away from those two plants! In a matter of a few days I had caught him red-handed multiple times! 


Finally I moved all the pots to the far corner of the kitchen, which definitely helped, but he still would head over there for some fun (and a taste!) if he spotted them. 
Then Jed had an idea. A brilliant idea. He seran wrapped the pots. I was a little skeptical at first, but he was sure it would work. And it did!  Samuel is proud to say that he is going on two weeks being soil-free!

Now, he's moved on to plucking the leaves off of the plants...
I snapped some pictures of him today:


"Look, Mom! I got one!"

Being a true 'taste' connoisseur (as everything he comes across must first be investigated by putting it in his mouth), he is rating this leaf on a scale of one to ten...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my he is SO cute. His sweet little smile makes everything okay :). I can't wait to kiss those cute little cheeks. Love Grandma Walker

Kylie W said...

He is SUCH a cutie! Those boys - always getting into things!

Jamie said...

This is too funny! I love the picture where he is sowing you his leaf! He is getting so big!!

Brittany said...

Erin that was SO fun to see!! I have a huge grin on my face!! He is just adorable! Look how chubby and smiley - and what a sweet, melt-your-heart smile! :) YOu are so funny with how you described the whole scenario too... being "soil-free" for 2 weeks now... go Sam!! :) Oh I'm still just loving these last 2 pics that are on the screen. What a little dumplin. have I said recently how much I LOVE BLOGS!!! It is so fun to be a part of your every day life like this!

Anonymous said...

Well at least he is a cute little leaf taster! Seriously he is so cute! I can't imagine that soil tasted good, why do babies do that!

Melanie Anne said...

What a sweet a little guy!! I loved this post. Your pictures are great! He is such a doll--Brad I are on our laptops in bed tonight and we were just LOVING these pictures!! xoxoxo

rebecca said...

Erin! I just want to kiss those little cheeks of his! He is soooo cute!!!!!

Mindy said...

That was a very cute post. Jack and I enjoyed it together. It reminded me of how you had to put all your pots up when we came to visit. Erin, Sam is getting so big! I can't believe it. I love his big smiles. He is a such a cute baby.