Monday, January 31, 2011

Eliza's 3rd Birthday!

Eliza turned three years old this month! I can't believe how old she is!  We had a very fun day together.  After Ben left for school, we got ready for the day together. Here she is with her haul of 'getting ready' equipment...

We had a birthday party for her in the morning. Before everyone came over, we took some pictures of her by her fairy birthday cake.  As you might remember, she loves Tinkerbell and so she was excited about the fairies on her Fairy Cake.

I am so glad I captured this funny look of hers in this picture!! In an effort to get her to hold still and smile so I could take a picture, I said, "Eliza, be like Tinkerbell! Be like Tinkerbell!"  And she pulled her Tinkerbell/Princess pose! Whenever she is pretending to be a princess, she gets this shy look on her face, presses her lips together in a smile, and looks over her shoulder. It is darling.

We played 'Pin the Horn on the Unicorn'. The kids didn't seem to mind that my unicorn was disproportionate.  :)


Everyone loved her Fairy Cake (aka Strawberry Yogurt Cake) especially the birthday girl! :)  Yum yum!

Birthday girl and Mommy. :)

We invited the other 3-year-olds that are in her weekly 'playschool' with her to her birthday party.  Funny thing is, there are seven kids in her playschool, and there is only one girl other than Eliza, and she happened to be out of town that week. It just didn't seem right to have a fairy/unicorn birthday party with all boys! Luckily Eliza's two other girl friends were able to come to her party.  :)  Anyway, that's why she is surrounded by all those cute little boys.

Even still, all those boys (or their moms:) knew exactly what she would like:  Makeup, Bows, Necklaces, Fairy & Princess Puzzles, Princess Stickers, more Makeup, and Jewelry!  :)  At the end of the party, she took her makeup to the table and carefully applied each thing, while all the boys ran around. :)
 
That evening, when Ben and Jed were home, we had another little party for her and opened up more gifts.  Mommy & Daddy gave her a huge set of Play-do toys, and a little fairy house set.

Our cute birthday girl! Complete with the pretty pink fairy wings that Grammy & Papa gave her!

Here she is the next day playing with one of the toys that her Grandma and Grandpa Walker gave her.

We had a great time playing with her playdo kits one morning after her birthday.

 
Happy Birthday little 'Liza!  We love you!

6 comments:

Mel said...

Oh my goodness, Eliza is adorable! You can just see her personality through the pictures. Happy Birthday!

Missy said...

What a cute party! Erin, you are so creative. You'll have to put your fairy cake on your blog... I'd love to try it!

Anonymous said...

Erin, I have loved your pictures and posts. It helps a tiny bit not feel so lonely for you all. What a sweet, cute little 3 year old Eliza is. Ben is so creative and he is amazing at following pattern/instructions. It is so refreshing how your little family enjoys life at every turn. I sure love you all, Grandma Walker

Brittany said...

Happy Bday Sweetheart!!!!!! She is such a doll, Erin. As Nyah gets older it's like I see Eliza in a different way... like when you have your own kids you view kids in general differently. I can't explain it. But my heart is full to bursting with how much a love her! She is so adorable - with such a darling little personality! LOVE how she is so into makeup and dressup - what a girlie girl! :) All those boys are her party were so cute... that picture made me think of how it will be like that again in 10-15 years!! She will be surrounded by her admirers!! Yikes! :)

Melanie Anne said...

oh what a precious little girl! And so girly--can I please borrow her? I need some cute little fairies and princesses around my house bad!! We sure love our little Eliza! She is so cute! xoxo

Mindy said...

Oh, what a sweet sweet little girl! I loved her princess pose. And I love how she sat quietly at the table playing with her make-up while all the boys ran around. That is so cute. She looks adorable in all these pictures. I sure love my little niece. And I can't wait to give my new 3 three year old Eliza a big hug and kiss when I see her this summer.