On June 11, Jed and I took the kids to a fishing outing at the park with some other church members. It was SO FUN!! There were tons of these tiny fish, about 4 inches long, that kept biting on the kids' lines. These fish tried to eat the worms even when the bait was dangling in the water right off the shore. It made it so much fun for the kids! They were catching fish left and right, and it was so exciting. Who cares how big they are? It's all about the ACTION when you are fishing. :)
Everyone got a chance to hold the little fish and throw them back in the water.
Ben was one of the lucky kids with his very own fishing rod and he was catching fish by merely lowing his hook & worm into the water below him. :) Although there were plenty of rods to go around, there was one point where he was surrounded by a bunch of other kids who were enjoying all his action. :)
He was also casting too, of course, and he is pretty good at it! You wouldn't know it, but his kid fishing pole does a great job casting out into the lake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
What a fun day. Ben looks like a pro! There is something about fishing that kids just love. We miss you!
how fun!! You are totally right - it is all about the action with kids. Gabe would have been so excited! I feel SO guilty Erin...Gabe has been asking to go fishing with his rod since Christmas! He wants to go so bad - I HAVE to take him out this summer. I won't let him open it until we go either because I don't want it broken. Poor kid is dying to go fishing!! Man, I really wish we could have joined you guys that day!! That pic of Eliza holding the fish is so cute - she has always been so fearless, huh?!
Wow--what a delightful outing!! It is all about the action--fishing can be so boring for the kids if they don'g get a bite. Those pictures are great--Eliza is so cute and Ben looks like he is really enjoying himself!! Love you guys!xo
That sounds really fun! I totally agree with you that it is all about the action for kids. I have been really wanting to go fishing again. Your post has inspired me that it must be done! Of course, I wish we could go with you. :) Hope you had fun in Billings, sis.
Post a Comment