Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Jed's Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Jed!  He turned 33 last weekend! We had our celebration in the few precious hours we had with him before he went to the SICU for a night shift. We sure love him!

The kids gave him a little picture book featuring lots of pictures of all the fun things that he does with them.  I love this book - it illustrates just perfectly what an AWESOME daddy he is.  

He got to blow out some candles (not quite 33) :) on his favorite cake, Coconut Cake. Actually, I take that back. When it was time to blow out the candles, Ben blew them all out before Jed had a chance to inhale a breath! I guess when Ben asked if he could help blow them out, he meant he wanted to blow them ALL out! 

The night before his birthday we went out on a birthday date. He told me he had an activity already, so I was only in charge of dinner plans. Well, guess what his activity was?  Going to a Broadway play, Beauty and the Beast, at the downtown Fisher Theater! He had bought the tickets months in advance. Isn't he so romantic and sweet?! We had a great time!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

That sounds awesome for both Jed and pregnant you! Happy Birthday Jed! And I can't wait to celebrate the birth day another sweet little lady any day. :)

Jan S said...

Yes, I agree - he is pretty wonderful! Happy Birthday to a WONDERFUL son -in-law. We love you, Jed!