Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easter 2012

We dyed Easter Eggs with Jed the week before Easter. We had a lot of fun!





The Easter Bunny usually comes on Saturday morning; however, this year Jed had to work on Saturday, so we did all our festivities on Sunday.   After church, we had our Easter Egg Hunt where the kids searched for all our hard-boiled eggs hidden in the front room.


During the Easter Egg Hunt, they discovered their hiding Easter Baskets!

After the search was over, we all just sat on the carpet and gobbled up all our treats. :)  After Sam had one candy and got it on his Easter shirt, Jed just took his shirt right off for the rest of his treats. Consequently, Sam is shirtless in these pictures. :)


The next day we played "Crack the Egg" game with our hard-boiled eggs. I always laugh and laugh when I watch the video of this tradition from two years ago... (Easter 2010 Video)  This year Eliza's egg got crunched a few times, although she still might have had the least amount of breaks. Sammy did pretty well holding up against Ben. Sam really liked smacking his hard-boiled egg against Ben's egg, and when Ben would put his cracked egg down to pick out a new one, Sam would just start smashing his egg into the innocent eggs waiting in the carton!  So funny!

2 comments:

Jan S said...

OH I miss your family! I laughed at all the aprons for Easter egg dying . . . you have learned!

Mindy said...

I forgot you guys do that tradition! That is so fun. I think we might do that next year. Isn't Eliza's dress the same as the one Melanie gave you when Eliza was like 6 months old? SO cute! Sounds like you guys had a fun Easter.