Friday, May 18, 2012

first week home from the hospital

Our first week home from the hospital with baby Charlotte was wonderful!  We can't get enough of this little lady.
Sammy absolutely adores her!  He begs to hold her, and is not too happy when I take her away from him.  Just look at this face! 

When I leave her on the couch, inevitably Sam comes over and touches her and pats her. He was loving on her so much the other day that he completely woke her up. :)  He brings her toys, pokes at her face, covers her with kisses, honks her nose, and altogether gives her more attention than any baby sister has ever had. It's absolutely adorable. He calls her 'baby' since he can't pronounce Charlotte. Last night Jed was helping him say his prayers (Sammy usually just repeats the last word Jed says), and Jed said, "say, 'I'm thankful for Charlotte'" and Sammy said, "baby." Jed and I thought that was cute that he switched out 'Charlotte' for 'baby.'
 
Charlotte with her handsome daddy.

I just love holding her. She's like a little beanbag - she just cuddles right into you. 

On May 9, when Charlotte was four days old, Michel (Jed's mother) flew in from Montana to visit and help out for a week. What a lifesaver she was! Absolutely heaven sent. I was so thankful for her help and companionship.


While Jed was mowing the back yard, Michel and the kids were playing outside and discovered baby bunnies! This is a picture of Eliza standing next to the baby bunnies. You can't really see them, but they are in the corner. They were pretty cute.

Charlotte's first bath.


She looked so sweet all squished up like this, sleeping in the boppy. I just love how newborns are comfy in any position. 



5 comments:

Jamie said...

Charlotte is so adorable! It's amazing how little ones, like Sammy, are able to bond so quickly to a new sibling. I am praying that the same happens here with Finn. I am completely nervous :)
We cannot wait to see you and give everyone hugs!

Kylie W said...

She is so precious, and I loved seeing your kids and how excited they are over her. The family resemblance between them all is striking! I hope your second week as a mother of 4 is going well!

Christina said...

Congratulations Walker family! She is beautiful!

Jan S said...

Erin, these pictures are so adorable. I am really glad you are keeping up on posting! What a treasure this post will be in years to come.

Mindy said...

I love that Charlotte is using her new blankie in the last picture! Yay. :) You have her looking so cute in all the picture. I think headbands are adorable, but I love the little old fashioned stick on bows, too. Very sweet. How great that Michel and Mom were both able to come out to help you. I think it is so sweet that Sammy is so taken with Charlotte. Jack was interested in very small bursts, but he mostly didn't care too much. I'm curious to see what he is like with our next baby.