Monday, June 4, 2012

Grammy's visit

My mom came to visit from May 18th until May 24th. It was so great to have her here! She was a huge help with baby Charlotte.  And just a huge help in general, really!  After she left and the dishes weren't magically washed and put away, the laundry wasn't magically cleaned and folded, and the toys weren't magically getting tidied up, then I realized just how much she had done the whole time!! :) Not to mention the great companionship she provided as well. :)

Here is Baby Charlotte (2 1/2 weeks old) with her Grammy just before she left to go back to Utah. Charlotte is wearing her "Grandma Makes Me Happy" outfit, which was the truth!
We had spent that afternoon making a bunch of those pretty little flower clips Charlotte is wearing. It was fun to do a craft with my mom.

My mom and I did some weeding and trimming in the backyard while she was here.


On Saturday we got to go to Ben's soccer game.



I had to take a picture of Daddy and Sam admiring our new baby...

One day Ben and Eliza surrounded Sammy with all the toys in the three-season room. He loved his prison of toys!



Ben's Spring Piano Recital happened to be when my mom was visiting, so she got to go to it with us. Ben did a great job! We were very proud of him!



After the recital, which was at my friend Anona Davis' house (who is also Ben's teacher), we all visited and had refreshments, and the kids played. Sammy was nervous to go on the tramp alone, so Grammy joined him. Isn't she fun?

Thanks for visiting, Mom! We loved having you here!

2 comments:

Jan S said...

I loved being able to share that special time with you and your wonderful family. And it was SO much fun holding that little bundle of PINK! Charlotte is just beautiful. I had a lot of fun getting to know the kids better. You have a such a beautiful little family, and you and Jed are great parents. I loved how you never missed scripture study or prayers and were always reinforcing gospel principals. I'm so grateful for that time with you! xoxoxox

Mindy said...

What cute pictures! Charlotte looks so pretty in that first picture with Mom. Good job Ben on the piano! He looked very grown up. I'm glad you snapped that picture of Eliza and Mom with the breast cancer hats on. Too funny! Our Mom IS the best isn't she! That pic of her with Sammy on the tramp was so mom. I love it.