During Ben's last week of school in June, Eliza had Charlotte all to herself in the afternoons while Sam was taking his nap. :) Charlotte is 4 weeks old here.
Eliza and I did some floor puzzles and then played with these trio blocks together one afternoon. Earlier in the afternoon she had put on her mermaid tutu just for fun.
Eliza and Sam reading books one afternoon...
Ben on his last day of 1st Grade.
Ben started reading the Book of Mormon all by himself in March or April after his primary teachers talked about how we should be reading the Book of Mormon every day. We read the illustrated scripture stories every night (we just finished the Old Testament), but he decided to start reading the real Book of Mormon by himself. In May his Primary decided to challenge the kids to read the entire Book of Mormon by the end of the year, which redoubled his efforts. Now (on June 22) he is in Alma chapter 3.
We had a fun Fathers Day on June 17th. Jed is holding Charlotte, now 6 weeks old.
Ben's new obsession: Monopoly. He begs every friend who comes over to our house to play Monopoly with him. He begs me and Jed to play with him. Last night we had the missionaries over for dinner and while we were finishing dessert, Ben set up the game and actually asked the missionaries to play with him! They had to decline since they didn't have enough time, they said. :) The other day when I played with him, I set the timer for 30 minutes and said we would count up who has the most money at that point, and that is the winner. When the buzzer went off, we decided to play for another 30 minutes, at which point I was definitely done with the game, but he could have gone on playing it forever! He loves it! Last Sunday, on Fathers Day, Jed and I played it with him for a while, which was fun. We don't play with mortgages, which helps the game end sooner (theoretically...).
Sammy discovered how fun it is to lay down and bounce in Charlotte's bouncer.
Eliza covered him up with a blanket like he was a little baby.
Ben asked to hold Charlotte on my bed last week, and after he held her for a minute I sat her up next to him on the pillow, and he had a lot of fun posing for a picture with her. And then she spit up all over the bed and he was out of there in a flash! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
First I love that pic of Charlotte and Jed- she looks beautiful! All the pics and stories of the kids were so fun to read. G and N love ians bouncer and swing too! :) And tell Ben good job- wow!! What a great reader he is!
Oh I have to add I laughed out loud about Ben being gone in a flash when Charlotte spit up. Gabe is exactly the same- haha! Im like, it's not THAT gross!! ;)
Post a Comment