Sammy lasted this long and was still smiling at this point, but he soon wanted to go in. :) I've taken him out in the snow a few times since, and he isn't super fond of it. I think it's because he doesn't like to wear mittens, but then his hands get cold. :)
Jed made a jump with the kids and they took turns getting pulled over it. Jed is their work horse! :)
Over the break, our good friend Jamie came to visit from Kentucky. A couple of us were able to get together to hang out one afternoon.
(Erin, Anona, Jamie, Jenny)
All month leading up to Christmas, Eliza kept planning a live nativity. She kept reminding us that she would be Mary, Ben would be Joseph, Charlotte would be the baby Jesus, etc. Somehow Christmas came and went and we never did it! So one Saturday we squeezed it in between coming home from a baptism and leaving to go to the movie theater together. :) Charlotte was sleeping, so Eliza decided the Teddy Bear would stand in for the baby Jesus. Here are the wisemen, Jed and Sam, bearing gifts.
And Mary holding the baby Jesus. :) She is so cute to have planned this for so long. She is a sweetheart.
We headed to the theater to watch Wreck It Ralph with the kids. It was a fun outing together.
This was Sam's first movie going experience (I think). He never got scared, but Eliza sat in my lap and was scared a bunch. It made her really anxious when they were breaking things and going against the rules and stuff. She is so much like me! I was just like that as a kid. I remember feeling so stressed in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory when Charlie broke the rules. So funny to think about that now!
Later that week, we took the kids to see Monsters Inc, 3D at another movie theater. We had two free tickets that Eliza and Ben won at school. Lucky kids to get to go to the theater two times over the break! :) It was a lot of fun even though no one is smiling with me. :) Just take my word for it. :)
(Sam was tired by then. He still takes long naps every afternoon, and he was fading.)



3 comments:
What a super fun family you have Erin!! You and Jed are so good at planning fun times with you kids--you are making very happy memories! I loved all these pictures! I am so excited to see you all soon. I love you so much! xoxoxoxo
I loved the pictures of Jed in the snow with the kids. He has always been such a fun daddy! You have such a fun, cute little family.
How fun! what a fun break - wow! I love all the pictures. your family is so cute, Erin! you and Jed seem so young and your kids so precious. It's really fun to hear about the kids since my own are at such similar ages - I can totally imagine how they act, etc. So fun! :)
Post a Comment