Sunday, August 4, 2013

January 2013 random pics. :)


These two kiddos absolutely love playing with each other. They get along super well. They went through a phase where they would dress up like spies and then go around the house with their weapons. Their favorite costume essentials are Ben's soccer shin guards. Their pants are covering them up in the above picture, but they are there! Hilarious! I hope I always remember Sam's voice announcing to me, "We are SPIES!"
 

Cute little Charlotte all bundled up while we were outside as a family one day. 
 

 Ben still thinks I need to take a picture of him every time he makes a pattern from Mosaic Mysteries. Now that I have a digital camera (for the past 10 years, that is) I have a compulsive habit of taking three shots of every picture, since I have the luxury of deleting any that don't work out. What can I say, it increases my odds at getting a good photo, and since most of my pictures are of children, Hey! I'll take the better chances! Anyway, in this case, my odds were getting lower and lower with every flash of the camera.
A happy smile, a patient smile, a pained smile, and finally a "I can't pose for any more pictures - my jaw is hurting!!" smile.  So FUNNY!

Poor Sam had a run-in with the bricks on the back step. Remember the bouncy castle we got for Christmas? Well, he came tumbling out of it and cracked his head on the bricks lining the outside of the 3-season room. I called Jed who was finishing up a string of moonlighting shifts at an Urgent Care a few hours away. I told him I was taking Sam to the ER, but Jed said, "Nah, just put some numbing ointment on it, keep it moist, and I'll be home in four hours with some staples." Sam was a trooper! He hardly cried at all when it happened, or when Jed got him out of bed to put a couple staples in his scalp. It was his claim to fame to tell his nursery teachers, "I have staples in my head!!!"  A hardy boy like that deserves to watch a show, don't you think? Who can remember a gash in your head if Blues Clues is on??
 
 Lastly, here is cutie Charlotte sitting up on her very own! It is a very closeup shot because I had to keep ready to catch her in case she tipped back. And she did tip backwards on the next try, and I missed catching her, and there were some tears... oops. Sorry sweetie!

3 comments:

Missy said...

I love that first picture so much. Who knew that spies could be so cute.

Melanie Anne said...

What fun pictures! YOu have such beautiful children sis! Love you guys so much!!

Brittany said...

beautiful baby - I love the close up! And what a trooper Sam is. I'll have to post about how Ian got his head split open camping... then ERic did! It was kinda funny. We had a lot of blood that trip. HOw convenient to have an ER dr in the family!! Those pics of the museum were so cute too. Love how you guys do lots of fun stuff!!