

That evening we had some friends over for cake and homemade icecream. We sang 'Happy Birthday' to Benjamin and he wasn't quite sure what that was all about. I made a Strawberry Yogurt Cake for his birthday ~ it had strawberry yogurt in the cake and in the whipped cream frosting. I also made Martha Stewart's summer shortcake & her homemade French Vanilla icecream, and my favorite Lemon Icecream. That sounds like a lot, but all the cake & shortcake was finished off. With everyone milling around and kids underfoot, my house has never felt so small! Luckily it was good weather and we all went outside.



The kids had a blast in the backyard, playing in the upside down pool and hanging on the fence.

After the party, Jed did a little firecracker display for me and Benjamin. Benny likes them if I'm holding him. But otherwise, he
doesn't want anything to do with firecrackers. 
I found Benjamin like this the following morning. He was sitting inside the lego wagon Grandma Walker gave him, and 'reading' the book about the States that Melody gave him. Funny kid. :)


4 comments:
It was a great b-day party, being an awesome hostess is just one of your many talents! Benny is sooooo cute, I am glad he had a great b-day. I hope he enjoys his bubble machine, I wasn't sure what to get him so Alyssa picked the present out herself.
It was really fun! Cody liked the game so much he is going to make us one. Thanks!
It was such a fun party and your cakes and ice cream were all delicious! Remember to post your recipe for the ice cream! Bobby wants it as much as I do! :)
That pic of Benny in his toy truck reading is one of my favorites. I hope my babies are as cute as all my nephews...
Post a Comment