Monday, February 11, 2008

he actually performed for the camera

There was a time last November when "Praise to the Man" was Benny's favorite song. He knew all the words then and wanted us to sing it with him constantly. He moved on to other favorite songs although he still likes it. The other night Jed and Ben were playing with his trains in his room and Benjamin started to sing this song to himself. He sang from the beginning to the end over and over without help, and so Jed got the video camera to tape it. The only thing I regret is that Benjamin isn't really singing for most of it (he is just saying the words). He is actually really good at keeping to the melody and singing on key. It's impressive!

I think it's hilarious how Jed was egging him on to jump off the bed. When Jed gave him an 'out' Benny immediately sat down and got off the bed. You can tell he was so torn between not wanting to jump and Jed's 'peer pressure' to jump. :)

9 comments:

Melanie said...

How on earth did Ben learn the words to that song? Do you just sing it around all day long? I was proud because my boys know the words to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Totally impressed. And I was laughing my guts out that Ben wouldn't jump off the bed. It is a really good thing we don't live close - he would learn lots of bad tricks from my boys.

Kristy said...

Wow, That's amazing how he knows all the words! I'm very impressed!

Melanie Anne said...

He is a little music prodigy! Seriously--I can not believe how many songs he knows! That was so cute! We sure miss him!

Brittany said...

That was adorable! He has the most amazing memory-wow! I miss little Ben - he is so cute!

Kylie Walker said...

that was so cute! You have taught him well. The part we all don't get to see are the late night musical training sessions right? :) We Ben's card yesterday and loved it! He is such a good drawer!

Anonymous said...

You are right. When I was there last Thanksgiving (and again in January), he sang this song from beginning to end without missing a word and stayed right on tune! He is SO smart and such a sweet little guy. I really miss him. COME HOME AS SOON AS YOU CAN!
Love, MOM S.

rebecca said...

OOhhhhh, what a sweetie! That's what I've always loved about this cutie! He has such a sweet little personality!!!

TerriLyn said...

Wow! I am so amazed! What a smart cutie he is!

Mindy said...

That was absolutely timeless! Griff watched with me and said, "I would be so pumped if our kid did that." What a cute little guy our Benjamin is! It makes me miss him so much. I wish we were closer so that we could see him sing in real life!