Wednesday, February 27, 2008

saying "my kids" still seems trippy

Here are some recent pictures of our cute kids. We are starting to get into the groove of having two little ones around.
So fun....
Not so fun.... :)


My sweet friend from Kirksville, Pattie, made Eliza and Ben little hooded towels. Don't they look all snuggly in their new towels? Ben loves his. If he ever balks at taking a bath I remind him that after his bath he will get to snuggle inside his new warm soft towel, and then he always gets into the tub happily. :) Thank you, Pattie!
"Sorry, Benny, we are all out of milk.... That's not milk; that's buttermilk.... No, Benny, I don't think you would like buttermilk."
I've been out of milk for a few days now.... A "quick trip" to the store around the corner is no longer a quick trip.... There's much more that goes into getting out of the house these days.
Anyway, this morning Benjamin wanted waffles, so I looked through my recipes to see what I could make without milk. I decided on Applesauce Pancakes, and I replaced the milk with buttermilk. They turned out yummy! As you can tell, Benny was happy with the results. :)

6 comments:

Pattie said...

I am so glad you are enjoying the towels..

Melanie said...

Ben and Eliza are SO cute. I wish we could be there to play with you guys. And way to be spontaneous on breakfast without milk. That is a tragic situation to be without milk for so long. I hope you can get to the store soon! Jackson also asked to taste some buttermilk from the fridge the other day. I was tempted but decided not to...didn't want to traumatize the child.

Ashley said...

I just had a panic attack realizing it is going to be even HARDER to go grocery shopping. No turning back now, huh.

Anonymous said...

I love Benjamin's expression as he is holding a not so happy sister :). Benjamin looks very happy with this buttermilk waffles... yummy.

Brittany said...

What darling pics! I love Benny's expression too:"I don't like this, Mom, she's crying again"! The towels look so cute too- love them.

Melanie Anne said...

What fun pictures! I sure love your cute little family--and miss you so much! I wish I could snuggle that little Eliza!