Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Eliza is 9 months old this week


Eliza turns 9 months old this week. She is starting to be adventurous and moving some good distances with her nearly perfected army crawl. I'm glad that for the most part she's content to stay in the vicinity that I put her... I'm not quite ready for a full-blown mobile baby yet! I think it's because I worry about our hard, cold and uneven slate floors... And did I mention cold? Whenever I pick her up after she's crawled onto the slate floor her little arms and legs are like ice cubes. With winter coming, the floor is not going to be a pleasant place to be! Granted, she'll be wearing long sleeves etc. We'll see how it goes.
Last night she didn't want to go to bed, so she got to stay up later with me. I gave her a magazine and she ripped it up and ate it all while I was putting clean sheets on the bed. Okay, she didn't really eat it all, but she sure did try! I had to fish a few bits of it out of her mouth- Even though I was good about catching her before she sucked on a page for long. Boy, those magazine pages disintegrate in about .2 seconds! She really enjoyed it, though. "Ah, there's nothing like the printed word."
Later that night she discovered how fascinating a mirror can be. :) It was fun to hang out with her one-on-one, even though it was past bedtime! She was so smiley and cute!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a precious little girl she is. You are SO lucky to get to stay up late with her :), I sure wish I could do that for you. Love Grandma Walker

Brittany said...

what a little darling! I can't WAIT to see her in a few short months!!

Melanie Anne said...

Erin--Eliza is soo cute! I can not wait to see her next month! I can't beleive she is already 9 months! You know how I always say TJ was a handful--well do you remember that he started walking a few days before he turned 9 month?! Can you imagine what trouble Eliza would get in walking right now? I love the reflection pictures! Those are so fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe she is 9 months! Man, time passes so fast, I can't wait to see you guys at Christmas time, I can't wait to see this kids, Ben probably doesn't even remember me! That will have to change quickly!

Pattie said...

wow 9 months already...where has the time gone she is addorable...

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures! When she isn't wearing her bows, she looks just like Ben and in a few of those pictures, I thought, "That is Erin!!!" She is beautiful! xo Mom S.