Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween night


On Halloween night we went trick-or-treating with some friends in their neighborhood. We started at 5:45pm while it was still nice and light outside. Benjamin lasted about 1 1/2 blocks, at the end of which he was seriously dragging. He started out excited, enthusiastic, and running ahead with the 'big boys'. A block later he was listless, tired, shuffling, and moving at a snails pace. He asked Jed to hold his candy bag, then he asked Jed to hold him, and finally he said, "I don't want to go trick-or-treating anymore." I was pretty surprised! This was me: "What? You're done? You're going to pass up all this free candy? ...if I hold you can we keep trick-or-treating? No? ....can we just go to three more houses? No? ... oh fine." :)













We headed home and then we all ate dinner (there were a few families) and hung out. They had a little spook alley in their backyard, in their playset, which was fun for Benjamin. He ended up getting a second wind, by the way. We danced on their back porch to "The Monster Mash," "Ghostbusters," and "Thriller." That was the best part of the night - very fun! And at the end we had a little fireworks display.
It was a fun Halloween. And Benjamin is already talking about next Halloween.... exactly a year away.... :)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ha, funny kid! Erin, you're so good at updating your blog! Is "our" monitor holding up well? I love reading what you guys did and how you always have soooo much fun with other families! Your rotation site seems to be wonderful, especially for still being able to see all the med school people!

Mindy said...

I love the pudgy little middle on the dinosaur costume. Benny looks so cute. :) And Eliza looks cute in her little pumpkin costume, too. I can't wait to have a baby to dress up next year even if he won't be interested in Halloween himself at all.

Melanie Anne said...

What a fun Halloween! I love the chubbyt little dinosaur costume and pumpkin! I miss you guys sooo much--and can not wiat to see you next week!! YIPEE!!