One evening last week I tucked Benjamin in for bed and we had a little conversation that I found amusing. A condensed form goes like this:
Benjamin said, “I’m scared.”
I replied, “Let’s ask Heavenly Father to help you not be scared.”
*bedtime prayer*
“Is He helping me?”
“Yes, because you are a child of God and He loves you.”
“Does He love me when I’m bad?”
“Yes, but He wants you to be good.”
“But does He love me when I’m bad and when I repent?”
“Yes, He loves you even when you’re bad. He always loves you.”
“Does He love wicked people too?”
“Yes, because they are His children too.”
“Some of His children are wicked?”
“Yes, we are all children of God, wicked people and righteous people. He loves all of His children, even the wicked people. It makes Him happy when we are good, but when His children are wicked it makes Him sad.”
“Why?”
“Because He wants us all to be good.”
“Mom, do wicked people have belly buttons?”
“Yes, even wicked people have belly buttons.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
That was VERY funny! Thethings Ben comes up with are such a riot! I miss you. Please come home soon.
When I first read the title of this post I midread it to say "Wicked people wear bell bottoms" LOL
I absolutely love how Benjamin's mind comes up with these thoughts! He asks the best questions! :)
Ha! That is hilarious. It is good to know that wicked people have belly buttons, too. I was worried about that.
How cute. Hmm..yeah, maybe wicked people are just spawned.
Haha... I thought that was such a sweet conversation, but the belly button thing made me laugh out loud. :)
I have not stopped laughing since I went to your blog! Ben is SO funny (have I said that?!) and I love how you are such a sweet, patient mama! You are such a good teacher - I want to be like that with gabe and maybe someday I can have the same conversations! :)
Thanks for posting that conversation with Ben, honey. That was really funny. I agree with all your sisters said! Dad
Post a Comment