
Jed gave me lots of TLC on Mother's Day! After church he let me take a THREE hour long nap, and he grilled delicious hamburgers for dinner. It was our first time using our grill, and I can't wait for more! He came up with the fun idea to make smores for dessert - using the grill. :)Eliza is learning more and more every day and getting so cute! She loves 'talking' on the phone; she will put it up to her ear and say, "Hello!" in her little baby voice. She can say "ball" really well and she's getting good at pointing and jabbering to get her point across. She is still crawling and cruising on furniture, and walking cautiously every once in a while. :)








We had a fundraiser for the Young Women at our church to pay for their summer camp. We held a garage sale in my driveway. Jed helped us a TON, and was rewarded by getting to buy an armchair from the garage sale, which he is excited to put into his study in the new house. (I tease him that he'll go in there on the pretense of studying and actually take a nap in his chair! :) ) He and Benjamin retreated into the garage with a pile of books to try out the new "boys chair" (as they named it).
Eliza has such a round tummy that some of her shirts like to ride up. That combined with her DIRTY knees and tops of her socks from crawling make her look like a raggamuffin. :)

She is becoming a little Miss Attitude. She has perfected the art of screaching and then making a dirty face at us when she is frusterated with a toy or when we take something away. Oh, and she'll do it to Benjamin out of the blue, for no reason. His initial reaction is to be offended and he'll yell, "ELI-ZAH!" But he has been practicing 'turning the other cheek' and making funny faces at her to get her to laugh. :) She is just a little stinker to try to rile him up!
Reading books in the morning.
Eliza played in the sandbox for the first time this week and absolutely LOVES it! She enjoyed herself so much, it was adorable. We need to somehow set up another sandbox in the new house (although nothing can beat this awesome sandbox we'll be saying goodbye to!). When I tried to carry her away to take a bath she screamed and writhed - she did NOT want to leave that sandbox!


4 comments:
that was so funny - I love how Eliza's shirts ride up her fat tummy! She is so stinkin cute! I wish I could see her Miss Attitude - haha! :) I loved the pic of the 3 of you reading books. Very sweet. and the new boys chair sounds great!! and tell Jed good job from me for taking care of you on Mother's day! You deserve it!!
OH, MAN, I AM SO BEHIND on reading blogs! I'm glad you had a good mother's day. We missed you! It sounds like Jed did a great job of making it a great day for you. And I loved the bbq smores. What a great idea! The pictures of the new "boys chair" are cute. I can just see them loving it. And I can totally imagine Ben saying, "ELI-ZAH!" Really, reading about them makes me so excited to see them! I can't believe how big they are getting... especially Eliza.
What cute pictures!! I cannot wait to see you tomorrow!! Yipee! Your children are so adorable and your such a sweet MOm! I love you! XOXO
I can't believe how big the kids are getting! I wish we could see them soon. I hope you are having fun in Utah with your family!
Post a Comment