
While we were in Missouri for Jed's graduation, we had lots of down time to play in the pool at the hotel. Benjamin loved it.
Jed, always coming up with something new, decided to let Ben swim around with the rescue tube and get a ride with by hanging on to the long pool rod. Benjamin was loving it!

Just as we were pulling into town, a tornado was pulling out. We had been listening to weather reports during the last leg of our journey, friends who were ahead of us were calling us with updates, and we were experiencing tremendous downpour. We arrived safely at our hotel, but it poured a lot on Thursday and Friday. Luckily Saturday (the day of commencement) was beautiful. On Thursday we drove around a bit in the rain and almost washed away in a river that was crossing the main highway where the road dipped a little. Jed wasn't as concerned as I was, but I honestly thought water would start pouring in the doors and we would lose our footing and float away while trying to cross through the water! When the storm was over, we checked out the damage from the tornado. These were some homes that we passed. It's incredible how much damage occurred. I'm thankful a tornado didn't come while we were living here...

Home again, home again, jiggity jig.







3 comments:
Wow! Those poor families! I'm glad a tornado didn't hit while you were there, either. I loved the pictures of Ben in the pool. Jed is seriously an ingenious daddy. :)
The pool looks so fun! Your such fun parents! Those destroyed homes made me sad! That is awful. I am glad you missed it. Love you!
congratulations on med school. Your kiddos are getting so big...and you look great..
Post a Comment