Wednesday, June 24, 2009

SAA Senior Banquet

The night before Jed's graduation commencement ceremony, we attended the Student Advocate Association (SAA) Senior Banquet. The SAA is an organization that was very involved in for the two years that we lived in Missouri. I was the 2nd Vice President our 2nd year of Medical School. Anyway, we had this beautiful banquet in our honor, and it was so much fun to see and visit with all our friends again.
Above: Katherine, Christie, me, Brenda, and Josie
During the banquet, there was an awards presentation. Members of the SAA nominated each other to receive the four awards. I was awarded the Moritsugu Award for being an overall supportive companion to my medical school spouse and his profession. :) I was very honored that my friends and peers nominated me. :) The picture above is of the award recipients and the award presenters.
After the banquet, we released real live monarch butterflies into the sky. Ashley, me, Jill, Aubrey, and Brenda are holding our little cardboard containers with the butterflies inside, prior to releasing them.
Erin, Jill, Katherine, Melody, Aubrey, Tara, Valerie, and Christie. Oh, it was just wonderful to be able to hang out with these girls again. I certainly have missed them the past two years. And now we are going our separate ways again. The whole graduation weekend was like a reunion. It was so fun!














Katherine and me. And to the right, Brenda and me. They are such great friends! I took pictures with other good friends, but my camera wasn't working well, and they haven't sent me their pictures (yet). :)

3 comments:

Jan S said...

I am so happy that you had this wonderful organization to support you through those years when you would have been lonely without good friends. I think that award you received is perfect! You ARE such a cute supportive wife.
We are proud of your great husband - it is SO great that he is finally done!
Lots of love,
Mom

Nate said...

Are those all the people that gave recipes to the "famous" cookbook? We love our SAA cookbook!

Mindy said...

I am wondering the same thing as Nate... is that THE Katherine from the cookbook? :) I have enjoyed all the SAA recipes, too. I'm glad that you had so much fun, sis. SAA sounds like such a cool organization. I am curious how they got the butterflies into those little boxes. I'll bet it looked cool... but do you think they were alright in those things? I know, this is a very strange question from a girl who has a passion for hunting and fishing. :)