Monday, October 19, 2009

Detroit River boat ride and flying kites



We went on a boat ride down the Detroit River a few weekends ago, in September. It was fun to see the American side of the river and the neighborhoods on the Canada side of the river. Some of the houses on the islands in the middle of the river are huge!
There are my two cute boys!









Ben kept asking me all morning if it was a REAL boat we were going on. After telling him ten times that it WAS really and truly a REAL boat, I finally understood that he was confused where the water was that this real boat was going to be floating in. :)






























Jed had a Saturday morning off work and left the house mid-morning to go run some errands. But before I knew it, Ben and Jed were outside flying a kite in the air instead! Apparently, Jed got sidetracked with the windy day and decided it was perfect kite weather. He is such a fun guy!









Unfortunately, we didn't get to stay out long. It got progressively colder and more overcast until we had to run into the garage to get out of the rain.













Eliza had fun just watching from her wagon, where she was all bundled up.

We can't wait to pull out the kites again. This week is promising to be nicer weather, so we'll see!







6 comments:

rebecca said...

How fun!!! I love seeing pictures of your family! You always all look so peaceful and content:)

Michel said...

You guys do such fun things with your family, taking boat rides, flying "cool" kites. We LOVED spending time with you all and miss you TONS. Love Grandma Walker

Brittany said...

FUN! That boat ride sounded great - I love riding in boats, big or small. Eliza's hair bow was SO cute, by the way!

Mindy said...

How fun! I would love that boat ride! And I have always loved flying kites, too. I'm jealous!

Jan S said...

I think it is great how you guys are always doing fun things. And I noticed that Eliza is getting some hair! WOw! She's really a cutie. Love, Mom

Melanie Anne said...

Wow what a fun adventure! It looks Chilly--but really fun!! What a darling family!! Love you!