Thursday, February 25, 2010

got busted

In case you can't recognize him, this is my husband, Jed.
Yep. Wondering how he busted up his face? Everyone who sees him reacts the same, "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!!"
Well, on Tuesday he went skiing. Going off jumps, and then one of them went wrong. His ski caught on a 'keep out' fence (yeah), he did a complete flip in the air, and landed with his face in his knee. I don't think that felt so great! In his defense, he wasn't being THAT reckless, but still. :)
The picture above is after 48 hours. (And you can't tell very well, but his eyes, forehead and nose are all still quite swollen and puffy.)
Anyway, he came home looking like this:
He had a hemotoma that was sticking out of his forehead a full inch. I am NOT exaggerating; it was freaky looking. You can kind of see the lump in the picture, but these pictures do not convey the gruesomeness of his smashed up and swollen face. I was horror struck when he came home! In addition, he broke his nose and broke out one of his veneer front teeth. (He has veneers from when he got in that big accident on his mission, when he was in a coma for a while - I know, he has a knack for this!) All the blood from his forehead has settled around his eyes and now he looks pretty bad!
Good thing he has a few days off because he would definitely scare away all his patients!!!

*Update - I just have to add this! He went in to the dentist today to get his veneer put back in (keep in mind he looked like the top picture), and the dentist actually said to him, "Now, did this get knocked out or did it just fall out?" Um. Hmm. Are you serious? Jed looked at him and was like, "It got knocked out." When Jed told me this when he got home, I couldn't believe it! So funny!

18 comments:

Our Family said...

OH MY GOODNESS! WHAT IS UP WITH THAT BOY?? HE LIKES TO SMASH HIS FACE! SO GLAD HE IS OKAY! get feeling better Jed! You definitely wil have a million dollar smile! :) is he in lots of pain? so sorry! have a better day! Katie

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap, Jed! You got'ta remember, boy, you got dependents at home!!!!!!......you know, besides the gap in the teeth, your looks maybe "improved"!!

Dad S.

Ashley said...

Oh my word! I just told Justin and he said "How much abuse can that head take?" :) I'm so so glad he's ok. I mean, ok, given the situation. Poor Jed. I can't imagine what went through your head when he walked in the door.

Aim said...

oh man, I know what you mean Jed, Erin has a nasty right hook! You're just lucky you weren't around freshman year when all the stress from finals was getting to her. Beating every night! I mean....I "fell...on door handles.....a lot. hahaha. Just kidding. People probably thought I beat HER when she had a deviated septum fixed.

But oh my goodness that is bad! ouchy! Hope you are feeling better!

Katie said...

OH MY GOSH! I have no other words!

Brittany said...

WOW Jed...cool! haha j/k! :) THat is awful- I hope it looks worse than it feels... You poor guy. hopefully that ski jump was worth it!(yeah right!) Eric and I are both looking at these pictures going "AAAaaaaah, maaaannnn!!" That broken nose and tooth had to be the worst. You have a seriously strong knee - how did the knee look?!! btw Eric and I totally laughed about what that clueless dentist said - what a goon!

Mindy said...

You did not tell me about this. Poor Jed!!! I am excited to hear what his patients think of him... too bad they didn't get to see him missing a tooth. You should have taken a pic of that. haha And what a doorknob dentist. At least he lended some comic relief to the incident. Hope Jed feels better!

Melanie Anne said...

Oh Jed, you poor thing! Really how much abuse that can poor nogin take?! Jeez--In the morning I will show my boys and they will be sooo impressed. You will be the coolest guy every in their eyes. Brad is taking the two oldest boys on a ski trip next month--I am hoping your beat up face will cross their minds when they are contemplating some crazy jump! Feel better--we love you!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh. Jed, is that you? Seriously, ouch! You poor thing, get lots of rest, lots of babying and have your wonderful wife cook you up some amazing comfort food.

Missy said...

Wow! I'm glad he's ok!

Melanie said...

Ok, Erin's sisters are way nicer than me (Jed's sister). I'm not thinking "poor thing" - I'm thinking "you dork!" Dude, you look terrible and it makes for a great story. My slight sympathetic nature (see, I take after mom) is hoping you feel better soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Jed, I can barely look at that picture because it reminds me of when you got off the plane from your mission. Just keep repeating to yourself I am no longer in my
20's when you think about doing something crazy! Love you

Melissa said...

Holy crap! I would freak out completely if Adam walked through the door like that! When I saw the first picture I was thinking he got robbed and was left for dead or something! I'm glad he's OK!!!!!! Poor guy.

Jan S said...

OH MY! Poor, poor Jed - you hardly have any time for yourself and look what happens when you finally get an afternoon of fun (??)! So sorry!
Love,
Mom S

Sook said...

Oh my gosh! I'm glad he is okay now. Wow... how many times is he going to get hurt? Goodness. So sorry!

Katherine said...

OUCH! Poor Jed! Funny what the doctor said. What in the world!

camille said...

Jed, I have to tell you - I'm with Emily on this one! I took one look at this picture and flashed back to seeing you come off the airplane. It made my heart sink! And the sympathetic Walker side of me is with Mel - you be careful, Dork! :) JK, hope you are doing better!

Merianne said...

I am with Em, Mel, and Camille! FLASHBACKS!! Jed, you shouldn't go outside anymore....you have bad luck and you need to be around for your kids! BE CAREFUL and don't go doing stupid things anymore! :)