
On Easter Saturday we had our Easter Egg Hunt and our Basket Hunt, and gorged ourselves on candy! We had already dyed eggs with Grandma Walker the week before, so Jed hid our hardboiled Easter eggs all around the front room for the kids to discover. After the eggs were collected, we played a game where you tap your hardboiled egg against the egg of another person, and whoever's egg doesn't break is the winner, and gets to collect all the eggs they clobbered. This was SO FUNNY! Eliza was amazing at this game! She had a knack for smashing up Ben's eggs. A few times she blindsided him with an astounding wallop against his innocent egg. We caught it on video - it is really funny. It happens at 1 minute 45 seconds (1:45) and at 2:30 in the video.
The night before, the Easter bunny hid the baskets. :) So we had a great time searching for Easter goodies. Jed was trying to help Eliza find her own basket and said, "Is it in the toy closet?" and she took a step over there and craned her neck (the toy closet doors were closed) and confidently replied, "Nope!" Funny little girl.


Jed gave me two of my favorite things in my Easter basket...
1) Two bags of Cadbury Mini Chocolate Eggs with a candy coating = heaven on earth. Friends of mine say they will buy a few bags at Easter time so that they can enjoy them when they are no longer available, but that would simply never work for me. I would have them eaten in about 72 hours. (Assuming I stocked up on, say, 50 bags.) I wish someone else would buy 12 bags for me and give me one bag a month. Then I would have a blissful first day of each month. But the other 30 days I would be conniving ways on how to discover the rest of their stash... So I guess not such a good idea. Anyway, I LOVED this treat and kept my bags hidden in random kitchen drawers (away from Jed who doesn't appreciate their worth), until he would discover them and start popping handfuls of them in his mouth while saying to me, "These aren't even that good." That is just sinful.
2) The dvd movie Australia with Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman. Wow - my favorite movie ever. Jed and I have rented it twice and I seriously love it. The love story between Hugh and Nicole is amazing, but it goes deeper than that because of the sweet relationship they develop with a little orphan boy... It is moving. The characters grow so much, and the love they each have for each other is so endearing. Anyway, I love it, and Jed is a sweetie to get it for me.
Happy Easter!


8 comments:
I loved the video, Ben was SO patient as Eliza kept getting his eggs :). That is a cute tradition. It was fun to enjoy your fun Easter with your video. I miss you all. Love Grandma Walker
what a fun day!! The kids are so adorable...you are an amazing mom for always having them dressed to cute. Seriously! Some days I look at Gabe and I cringe (well, those are all days that Eric dresses him, heehee!!) - mostly because he manages to get filthy within an hour of getting up in the morning! And even though he gets showered every day his hair always ends up sticking up all funny and he looks like he doesn't have a mother!! Of course he is still the cutest little guy!! So anyway, I am impressed with how adorable your kids always look (especially Eliza...oh my goodness she is beautiful! And that hair... it is gorgeous!!)
ANYWAY! Easter looked like a blast. I'm so glad you got your Cadbury eggs and Australia - I love both too! You had me laughing out loud with your whole description of just how much you love those eggs! And I think it is hilarious that JEd teases you by eating them while saying they aren't that good!! :) Wish I could come over and we could have a girls night (while the guys watched the kids) and eat Cadbury eggs and watch Australia! Don't worry, I would bring an extra few bags of the eggs! :) Oh well, it's fun to fantasize about what I would do if I lived close to my sisters... boohoo! love you!!
I just went back and watched the video - IT WAS SO CUTE!! Thank you for putting it up! It was so fun to watch - I loved seeing little Sam too, what a darling! I was laughing out loud again watching the kids crack the eggs - what a fun game. We are going to have to do that next year. gabe would love it!
I agree with you on the Mini Eggs!! I have thought of buying several bags to keep me going through the year, but I know I would eat them all!
What a very fun Easter!! Your children are so darling! What a sweet hubby to get you your favortie things in your basket! Oh and I LOVE Eliza's chubby little arms! Oh those wrists==I just want to squeeze and kiss them! What a doll!
I agree with Brittany... your children look adorable! I love both of their outfits. It sounds like your Easter was awesome, sis. Let's watch Australia while I visit! I love that movie, but Griff didn't like it. Of course, he fell asleep and only saw about 1/3 of it. Anyway, I have been wanting to watch it again. I'll bring blindside, too. We'll have lots of movies to watch! I can't wait to watch that video on your blog, too. I am on my work laptop, and I don't know how to make the sound work... maybe there aren't any speakers? Anyway I can't wait to see you tomorrow! Yahoo for me!!!
Well, I just laughed and laughed at that video. It looks like you all had a fun day. Sure love those babies! And I miss you all. PLEEEEEEAAASE come home when you finish residency. I need those little ones nearby!
XOXOX,
Mom S.
The video of Eliza and Ben playing the game was hilarious. That's such a cute idea. I love the Eliza's little curls, they are so pretty.
Post a Comment