Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Grandma Walker came to visit!

Jed's mom, Michel, came to visit us when Sam was two weeks old. We loved having her!!
Here is Sam getting his very first bath in the baby tub.
He is such an easy going baby. He hardly ever cries, even when he is getting bathed-- although he sure has a pained expression the entire time!

Michel helped me finish Ben's bedspread that I quilted last Fall. I had already finished the top and bought the batting, but I still needed to buy the backing and sew it all together. We stretched it out on the quilt frames and quickly basted down the rows to keep it together on the sewing machine. Now I just need to do the binding and it will be finished.
Here is Eliza reading to her dolly, sitting on the ground next to Grandma as we worked on the quilt. She has been pulling funny "cheese!" faces for pictures lately. :)













This is my favorite picture of Sam! He discovered his thumb!


Ben is reading The Friend magazine to Eliza...






















We got to dye Easter eggs while Michel was visiting. We had a great time!

6 comments:

Brittany said...

what fun! I'm so glad your mom-in-law could come help you and see the kids. Little Sam is just darling, Erin! I LOVE the bath picture - the sour face is so cute! and the thumb sucking pic is adorable too...what a cutie pie! I can't believe how much he looks like Ben! Eliza and Ben look great too - what cute kids! Love you guys!

Kylie Walker said...

The visit looks like it was fun. I keep asking Kylie to have babies just so our moms will come visit. I also have a pained expression when Kylie makes me bathe - every 5 days or so.

Nate

Jill said...

What a beautiful quilt, I love how in the last post all your babies look so alike!

Raquel said...

Erin,
He is a doll.
Congrats on your new addition.
BTW....
Jeds ski accident! amazing. Maverick noted "thats gotta hurt" My response was..."yep and thats why you wear helmets when riding your bike."
(he doesn't need to know it was from skiing.)

Jack and Annette Sommer said...

What a beautiful strapping new little guy! Darling pictures. Your growing family is so beautiful. Thinking of you. Loved seeing Michel! What fun.
Take care.
Love always;
Annette

Jan S said...

Oh Erie! I loved the new pictures. Samuel is getting cuter every day . . . How is that possible? Seeing little Eliza just melted my heart (again) and Ben is such a cute big brother reading to Eliza. I am so glad that Michel got you going on your quilt for Ben's bed. I wish I was there to do your binding - one or two good movies and we would be done! :-)
I love you,
XOXOXOX Mom
PS 'Loved the picture of Jed diapering the baby. THAT is why women have the babies - they wouldn't survive their dads! ha-ha! You know I am kidding - I think Jed is a PERFECT daddy.