Mindy came to visit us April 21 - 26th. I can't even describe how fun it was to spend time with my sister. Oh, every moment with her was just wonderful! She is sweet, genuine, loving, enthusiastic, helpful, and darling in every way, and I love her so much.Her little one year old, Jack, is totally adorable. He was such a little mischievous thing. If we left the screen door unlocked he would make a mad dash for the great outdoors. If we didn't keep him corralled at the park, he was running for the road. He was so funny!
Sam definitely enjoyed all those cuddles from his Aunt Mindy. She played with Ben and Eliza a lot, too. And she was constantly being helpful, like emptying my dishwasher and feeding the kids. She helped me take lots of pictures of Sam as well, which I will post shortly.
Mindy's trip coincided with Jed's birthday!Here's the celebrity himself. I let him choose his own birthday cake, so here he is with is Oreo Torte. We had little helpers with the candles... When Ben asked to help stick the candles in the cake, Eliza wanted to help too. Instead of having two little people vying for candle positions, we told Eliza that she could lick the candles when we took them out. So after blowing them out, I handed her a candle to lick. A moment later I heard, "Pfthhhh! Eh! Yucky!" and looked over just in time to see her spitting out little pieces of wax. Oh, maybe I didn't make myself clear about 'licking' versus 'eating'! :) I guess they do look tasty, though!


He's getting help opening his birthday presents...
Jed is the man when it comes to getting the first smiles from our babies. Sam has bestowed many a smile on Jed, and not so many on me. I must not have that Daddy touch.


5 comments:
Happy birthday JED!! Those are cute pictures of sweet little baby smiles! He does have the touch! That is how Brad was with our babies. It is such a thrill to watch your husband with your babies, huh? I always loved that! I LOVe your cute haircut Erin. You look so beautiful!
We really miss you guys. Such cute kids. I'd give anything to have you guys over for Sunday dinner - Detroit is just a little too far. Congratulations on number three! We'll see you in August.
Jeremy
You are so cute, sis. We LOVED visiting you. It was so fun to meet little Sam for the first time, and to spend time and play with the rest of you. We already miss you so much. And I cannot wait to see you again this summer!
OK, I thought I had your email addy, but I'm not finding it, so I had to go this route.
I sent Jed an email, but I just wanted to let you know I posted his tie today, and his stethoscope and otoscope made it look very authentic.
http://i-refuse-to-recede.blogspot.com/2010/05/tuesday-trivia-tie-in-11-is-there.html
oh all those pictures were so sweet. I just love to see pics of your cute family. Eric and I were just commenting on how chubby little Sam is!! He is much bigger than Nyah!! What are you feeding him, anyway?! :) He is so cute. Looks like you had a wonderful time with Mindy. I can't wait for us all to be together this summer. Love you guys so much!!
Post a Comment