Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jed had vacation time!

Jed had two glorious weeks off of work in May. We enjoyed the relaxed time together, and got stuff done around the house. It was so fun to have him home day after day. Wow! I loved it.

Toledo Zoo!

Eliza is blowing kisses to the zebras.
Jed is helping the kids get a good view of the baby polar bear. I love his face in the second picture. :)


Here we are in line for the train ride.



Hangin' Out
Eliza wanted to hold both of her babies.
Sam is smiling while getting his bath.
















Jed and Ben discovered a frog in the backyard. Since then we've found lots of frogs back there. (I love it! Frogs are awesome!) Eliza loved holding it, and when Jed said, "Give the frog a kiss, Eliza!" she totally went for it. So funny! Ben liked looking at it, but was kind of jittery about holding it.
















Eliza passing the frog off to Ben.

Movie Clips - clips from our time together as a family

1 min - enjoying a Sunday afternoon together.
2 1/2 min - Eliza shoving Ben out of the way so she can say Bye to Grandma on Webcam. Usually Benjamin doesn't back down, but luckily for Eliza he got sidetracked by his legos and she got her way.
3 1/2 min - Princess Eliza giving Mr. Frog a kiss.
4 1/2 min - Jed saving the day on our bike ride by hefting a tree trunk out of the way. It doesn't look that heavy, but he made me hold it for a moment and boy! it was waaaay heavier than it looked!
5 1/2 min (the end) - another relaxing afternoon with Jed home.


5 comments:

Michel said...

That was SO much fun watching the kids play, kiss frogs (Eliza is so brave :), reading (I love their "reading" chairs), watching Samuel smile, and seeing what a lovely-fun family you are. The pictures are great of the zoo (Jeds expression is classic when he is holding them up). Sam is so cute in his bath and he looks like one of Eliza's dolls (a bit bigger than the other doll:). as she holds him in her chair. Loved the post! Love Grandma Walker

Mel said...

That whole video was awesome! I loved Eliza shoving Ben out of the way and saying "Dadadiah." And the kissing the frog part? I admint, I was going "ewww!" but my boys thought it was the coolest thing ever. And I laughed at Jed's "now what" after hefting the big tree trunk. Thanks for sharing all the fun!

Jan S said...

I laughed until I cried watching that video! Thank you, thank you for taking the time to share that little glimpse into "Life at the Walkers". Those little easy chairs are so cute - the kids were darling reading away! Sure miss you. XOXO Mom

Brittany said...

what darling darling pictures!! Eliza is just beautiful Erin! She looks identical to you as a little girl with that gorgeous curly hair and chubby cheeks and bright smile! I loved the pics of her with both her babies (Sam is looking so big!!) and with the frog and on the train. Sam is looking adorable too. Cute pic of him smiling in the bath!! Can't wait to hold him this summer!(I have to go right now but I'm looking forward to watching the vids later!)

Mindy said...

Cute pictures! I have been wanting to take Jack to the zoo. I think he would LOVE it! And the video was awesome. Jack watched it with me, too. We liked the princess and the frog part the best. :) Although Eliza boxing Ben out was funny!