Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ben turned FIVE years old!

Benjamin is now a big 5 year old! Wow!
We had a big birthday bash for him on his birthday. We had 20 kids over here for a pool party. We set out an inflatable pool, a plastic kiddie pool, and a slip-n-slide. The kids had a lot of fun. The otter pops were definitely the hit of the party. :) (Eliza had, like, four.)

The cake and icecream were also a big hit. Yes, the cake is a ghost. Yes, I agree, it's odd. When Benjamin said he wanted a ghost cake the week prior, I was like, "A ghost cake? But ghosts are for Halloween..." and I was fully prepared to talk him out of it. However, Jed was standing there at the time and said, "If he wants a ghost cake, let him have it. It's his birthday." Well, I can't argue with that logic. So ghost cake it was.


And last but not least, they opened presents. Tore into them.

Opening gifts was exciting and rushed! With the children crowding in, Ben would hurriedly unwrap a gift, and, if it was especially interesting, he might bring it closer for detailed inspection, reading the advertising on the box, but then he would be distracted by two or three other gifts jangling in his face, the owners clamoring to have their present be next. It was such a funny little scene!




It was a fun party!
_________________________________________________________________




That evening Ben opened up a few presents from Mom & Dad, and a few from his Grandmas. He loved everything he got. He was thrilled with a new Lego kit!


(Eliza looked like Pocahontas with the ribbon Benjamin put around her head. :) She latched on to those fishy crackers from Grandma Walker's birthday package and carried those around for awhile....)



A few days later, Ben wrote a thank you card to his grandma. He wrote the letter & drew the picture completely by himself (I was upstairs and didn't even know he was doing it). I thought his note and picture were so sweet. In case you can't make it out, the letter says, "Thank you Grandma for my presents. Love Ben" And the picture is of himself riding his new Razor kick scooter that she gave him, and there are hearts everywhere because he loves it so much. :)

3 comments:

Michel said...

I LOVE the thank you card, it makes me smile and it so perfect. Love Grandma

Melanie Anne said...

happy birthday BENNY! We love you so much and wish we could have been there to help you celebrate! XOXO

Brittany said...

that is so cute - what a fun party!! Loved hearing about all the details! :)