Saturday, July 3, 2010

Backyard Campout!

Jed and Benjamin had a backyard campout this past Monday. Jed told Benjamin on Sunday about the plans, and he was so excited! On Monday, we kicked off the festivities with a hotdog dinner, served on our picnic table in the backyard. Then we jumped in the car to go to Ben's T-ball game. After we got home, we set up the tent and Jed blew up the two air mattresses and put them in there. Ben and Eliza had a blast jumping around in there. After Eliza went to bed, we carried out a pile of games and the three of us played one after the other. It was very fun!

When it got too dark to play games, we watched 10 or 15 minutes of Disney Earth on Jed's laptop, until Benjamin said he was getting tired and was ready to turn it off. So I said 'goodnight!' and went inside. Jed said that Benjamin got another spurt of energy at that point and jumped around for about an hour before they went to bed finally. :)
They slept until 8:30 in the morning! I expected them to be up early, so I made a pancake breakfast, but Eliza and I ended up eating before them since they were such sleepy heads!
Anyway, Jed is such a fun dad to plan this backyard campout with Benny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun night for Ben and Daddy. It is so rewarding for us grandparents to see the neat things our grandkids do because they have such wonderful parents. Sure love your little family, Love Grandma Walker

Brittany said...

What a fun thing to do with Ben - you guys are such great parents! NOw I feel guilty because Eric wanted to do a backyard campout and I talked him out of it since it gets dark around 10pm and that would be such a long evening with little Gabers! :) Maybe next year....