When I was growing up we always got all dressed before we went downstairs to see the gifts. But Jed and I decided that we would just let the kids go down in their pajamas on Christmas morning this year. However, when Benjamin woke up, he was so super-excited to go down there as soon as possible, that he got all dressed and ready in a flash! So funny!
We had to get a picture of us at the top of the stairs on Christmas Morning! It's tradition. :) Poor little Sammy had woken up in the very early morning, and so I had put him back to bed before the kids woke up, and he slept right through the Santa part of Christmas morning. I regretted that, but not enough to actually go wake him up for it...
Santa left Benjamin an awesome Hydrogen Fueled Rocket. This thing was the real deal. It had two rockets, a reaction chamber, a fuel generator, and a bunch of safety mechanisms on it. Jed was just as thrilled as Benjamin was with this present!!
Rockets, wires, cords, buttons... he's in a boy's heaven. :)
Santa gave Eliza a little baby doll cradle with matching cushion and quilt. And books and movies and iceskates, etc. She loved it all. :)
Yay! Baby Sam has joined us!! Santa gave him this LeapFrog learning table, and he was entranced. :)
(In the background you can see my fancy-pancy new vacuum from Michel. I love it!)
I love this little guy! We set him in his bumbo so he could enjoy his new toy. Later I just took off the legs to the toy so it was right on the ground, and then he could play with it as much as he wanted to.
Eliza pretty much got everything a little girl could ever want. In a nutshell, it all had to do with Princesses, Fairies, or Makeup. For her, too much of a good thing is definitely a good thing. She was loving it all! :)
I just love this picture. While she is blowdrying her hair, Jed is pulling out the other accessories from the kit (perfume, fake lipstick, etc) while Benjamin has a straightener in one hand and a curling iron in the other, busily working on her hair. Seriously, she must have felt like a movie star.
(Gotta love that she is also wearing her new Tinkerbell costume complete with wings! Thanks Grandma Walker!)
Eliza gave Benjamin this game called "Mosaic Mysteries" where you make different designs using a bunch of colored trapezoid shaped pieces. It came with a booklet of different designs to try. Benjamin immediately put together the first design, and the rest is history. You'll know what I mean when I post the rest of our Christmas break pictures. :)
We were opening up presents until 3 in the afternoon. No joke! It lasted forever! The kids just kept getting sidetracked... :) They had to play with their toys before they could possibly move on, which was cute. It was a very fun, relaxing, happy day!




3 comments:
Dude, is Ben wearing a collared shirt on Christmas morning? That just might be the cutest thing I've ever seen. Oh, except for Eliza's beauty parlor. So cute!
how on earth did I miss this post?! Christmas looked so fun at your house - wow!! Nyah has that exact Leapfrog table (actually we got for Gabe when he turned 1) it's a fun toy. I loved the pic and description of Eliza getting her hair done while Daddy unpacked the rest of her supplies - so cute!! Looks like you guys had a wonderful holiday!!
I loved this post! It looks like everyone was thrilled with their Christmas. I especially loved the picture of everyone working on movie star Eliza! Jack actually loves playing with a kit like this at his girl cousins' house.
Post a Comment