Monday, December 20, 2010

Our annual holiday tradition - Gingerbread Sleighs!

Like we do every December, we set aside one evening for decorating our Gingerbread Sleighs!  The kids had so much fun. Benjamin got do decorate his first Sleigh this year. (In past years, he decorates Gingerbread Men.)  We took his sleigh (packed with homemade Christmas candy) over to his friend Eirik's house a few days later.  :)    (If you are interested, the Gingerbread Sleigh recipe and directions are here.)

Here is Eliza, happily decorating her Gingerbread Woman. :)

And Jed, concentrating on his artwork. Notice that sleigh that he finished - it is a sledding hill with people (and even a puppy) climbing up it and sledding down the other side. I love the winter scenes and designs he does on his sleighs! 

Sammy enjoyed sucking on the Playskool nativity and army crawling around while we decorated.  Surprisingly he never got into the presents, all month long.  That was nice!

3 comments:

Jan S said...

I loved those pictures - what adorable kids! That Sammy gets cuter every day. I loved the concentration on Jed and Eliza'a faces. That is really a fun activity.

Melanie Anne said...

Such a fun tradition!! I love those sleighs, but have still never attempted them myself. Next year for sure:) I love that last shot of Sam--his cheeks are getting so chubby! What a cutie!!

Mindy said...

Dang! Sam is good! Jack was a menace with the Christmas tree when he was 12 months. Well, mostly the garland and the ribbons on the packages. But Jack is pretty much always a menace... adorable... but still a menace. :) I love your sleigh tradition. I want to do that when my kids are old enough. Unfortunately for me, I think I would have to twist Griff's arm to do it just with me. He would be sweet and willing, but when it came down to it I would be decorating myself while Griff mysteriously had slipped off to watch football on the couch.